My First NSX

PaulL said:
... it was beat up, had ghost flames, high mileage and was overpriced, ..."

!

lol...tooo funny.."Ghost Flames" on an NSX???.. I was looking into flying over the Colorado to look at that car..I guess not anymore... :eek:

Mike

I just got my first NSX yesterday 95 formula red,, I am addicted! I didnt think the owner was going to let me test drive it, (I am 25). He took me for a ride in it, pulled over and said, would you like to drive,,, ha ha and the rest is history.. It looks like it did when it rolled off the showroom floor and I detailed the hell out of it today so it will stay that way :biggrin:

PaulL said:
...Needless to say, I walked out, and bought a much nicer 97 from a Prime member. I should go back and show them!

I would go back and show them! I have done that before when a dealer was a real jerk to me and would not allow a test drive or help me out...I bought the car someplace else and took it back to their dealer to show them what they missed. Funny stuff...trust me. :D

Beautiful....both cars. Congrats and welcome to the community.

<=== becoming more of a silver fan every day.

Congrats and welcome. We met not too long ago at the Quiznos meet in barrington...I had the white widebody...

Ahad

I dunno, but I think you're an idiot. :)

Don't you know that the EVO/STI/Insert-car-here will TOTALLY blow the NSX away in ALL performance categories known to mankind?!??!?!?!?

I mean, LOOK at the two cars...the EVO has a MUCH huger wing. I just see this as a serious step down for you. The EVO has way more room for "Type R" stickers too, than the NSX does. And more seats. Cuz you KNOW that chicks are now not gonna pay attention to you because you no longer have a big hood scoop, right?

Seriously, though, I think the only mistake you made is not having the roof off. What's wrong w/ you, man? I know that stuff I see in the picture is the SUN, dammit! Remove top, roll down windows. You are going to LOVE this NSX. This car is an absolute joy to drive from any number of perspectives. Certainly, everyone here has owned or driven fast cars of another kind but the NSX brings a level of sheer competence to every aspect of the driving experience that is, well, on the exotic car level. And, $10,000 will fix whatever horsepower deficiencies anybody thinks the car has. For me, it already goes fast enough to scare the hell out of passengers.

im gonna assume the first 2 paragraphs were hopefully sarcasm and say thanks for the "compliment" :biggrin:

Damn Nice!!!!! and that's stock!!! Wait till you do rims,springs, stereo upgrade, etc......Welcome to a very exclusive club!!! Enjoy :biggrin:

Wow, great color. I got an all red about a week ago, but silver was my second choice and your pic has me reconsidering :smile: !! Welcome, these guys here are awesome. I've only been a member for a very short period of time and they've really made me feel welcome! I'm sure the same will go for you!!

As far as the test drive, that's crap. I'm your age and a dealer had no problem letting me drive their NSX!?!? I'm sure when you get some grey in your hair and a bit more money in your pocket things will be different :wink:.

Hey I'm new to the family too! Looking for some love from the Family. What an awsome car this is. My wife and I drove our 1990 Nissan 300zx up to NJ and fell in love with the car, after test driving it with the dearler of course. They didn't want to give me squat for my Z, so we had to drive both cars back to Washington. Best part is that my wife loves this car and I let her drive it back until she got tired of shifting in 95 South traffic. It was the coolest watching her really drive the NSX and she droooove it. 1993 Black NSX 54k miles for $28k even. Problem, no owner's manual and an alarm problem, it goes off whenever she wants after arming it. I can deal with that! So anyway welcome to NSX, others have responded favorably, enjoy!

NSX-TSION

skynet0419 said:
im gonna assume the first 2 paragraphs were hopefully sarcasm and say thanks for the "compliment" :biggrin:

Of course they were sarcasm. You basically went from dating a decent chick from your high school to a Hawaiian Tropic model. Whole 'nuther league.

I am somewhat stunned that you didn't get a test drive, as the car isn't new. But, everyone is paranoid at keeping miles off exotics. But, I got test drives and I look early to mid 20s. Long as they know you're gonna buy it if it rolls straight, they seem to be ok. Maybe it was the EVO. The whole boy racer kinda effect and maybe he thought you weren't serious.

Silverstone is the shiznit color. That's what I've got. Not impossible to keep clean like black and white and not a cop magnet like yellow or red. Just a nice, classy, understated color.

NSX-TSION7, I am in DC, too. We will have to coordinate our times and places so we don't steal each other's rockstar heat ! :)

Back