My First Drive!!!

well....i'm sold now. my friend let me drive his silver 98 nsx. he encouraged me to push it also, i was a bit timid at first. he has complete confidence in the car, maybe too much lol

my impressions: -tons of leg room
-amazing comfort level
-car is as quiet as a civic until you get into the accelerator
-suspension is very compliant, we drove on some rough roads and i was impressed-this could easily be a daily driver
-the sound of the engine behind me was intoxicating
-my only gripe would be that it was slightly difficult finding 3rd/5th gear... a little notchy there, maybe due to my 1st time driving the car though

i'm sold! i've swayed back and forth between the c5 vette, honda s2000, and nsx. the c5 is way too problematic and felt very bulky and unrefined driving it. the s2000 feels similiar driving, has a great shifter, but costs more to insure and it's looks cannot compare to the nsx. the s also need about 6 more inches of leg room. although i drove the 3.2L, i'll be buying the 3.0.

so my 67 camaro goes on sale next week and i'll be looking for a 91-94 nsx with a 30k budget. meanwhile i'll be trying to get the grin off my face!
:D

Sweet. I have yet to drive a 6-speed to compare, but the 5-speed in my NSX is very quick and precise. I have never missed a shift. Anyway, good luck in finding your NSX!

Interesting how everyone catches NSX fever after a test drive.

I remember catching the fever years ago by simply sitting in the cockpit of an NSX at the dealer's showroom floor!!!

hlweyl said:
meanwhile i'll be trying to get the grin off my face!
:D

A friend of mine who is in his early 20s is highly into cars, loves the import scene, and rides a yellow Ducati.

After driving an NSX for the first time, he said, "that was the best orgasm I have ever had."

I caught the fever just from looking at the car on the showroom floor when it was first introduced.

8000RPM said:
I remember catching the fever years ago by simply sitting in the cockpit of an NSX at the dealer's showroom floor!!!

ss_md said:
I caught the fever.

I caught the fever when the car came out in 91 when I was in 6th grade. I do remember terrorizing the local acura dealer if they had a nsx while i was in high school. We used to bring in our cameras and take pictures of us in the cars. Unfortunately they would not let us drive at the time :( Now i have my own and can drive anytime :D

huckster said:
tell me about your 67 camaro?
engine is a 350 bored .040 over recently rebuilt. edelbrock heads and intake, demon carb, headers, 4-core radiator, mallory distributor with msd coil. 350 turbo tranny with 3500 stall, b&m shift kit, rear is a 10 bolt posi with 3.73 gears. only used mobil 1 and red line oil filter. 4 bolt mains and double roller timing chain. roller rockers and crane cam with hydraulic lifters.

black interior is a very good condition, car just needs paint. one small spot of rust on drivers door jamb

car ran 12.0's in the 1/4 mile before rebuild but has not been raced since rebuild. i'm asking $7800

Back