My E-Bay experience.....

About 3 weeks ago I purchased this car on E-Bay. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1874241122&category=5337

Having read all of the horror story posts about what goes on on E-Bay, I must say that my experience was a very good one.
The couple who sold me the car were very nice, and very honest. During the auction we communicated several times via email, and my questions about the car were answered quickly and honestly.

My girlfriend and I flew up to SF from LA to get the car, and it looked better than it had been described. Although they failed to mention that it had been lowered about and inch and a half, and that it needed some new rear tires, it was in very good condition. They had all of the service records, the original window sticker, 4 keys including the titanium one, and the hardcover book that the original owner had received when he purchased the car in 1991.
I had the car checked out when we got back home and it needed a few minor things replaced. (Minor I am finding out on an NSX means less than a $1000 dollars to fix!).
All in all, I have to say my experience on E-Bay was a positive one. (My previous E-Bay purchases were limited to Pokemon cards for my kids).
Now, is that because I am such a genius at picking out cars, or just dumb luck?
And now it seems that my girlfriend wants to see me more often.... but she always wants me to bring the car.....so that she can drive it.. !

Originally posted by JSMDMD:
And now it seems that my girlfriend wants to see me more often.... but she always wants me to bring the car.....so that she can drive it.. !

Ahh, the built in Chick Magnet.... Ask MYNSX about this feature, his has been "upgraded"

biggrin.gif

Congrats on the new X!

Congratulations! What a great price! Don't forget to check if the transmission is in the 'snap ring' range especially being a '91.. (see http://www.nsxprime.com/FAQ/Troubleshooting/transmission.htm )

Yeah, my wife loves driving the car! But now that she is pregnant, it's difficult for her to get in and out. Good for me ;-D heh heh

------------------
Biaggi
92 NSX #483
94 CBR900RR

Originally posted by Biaggi:
Don't forget to check if the transmission is in the 'snap ring' range especially being a '91..

This car is highly unlikely to be in the snap ring range, as long as the transmission wasn't replaced during its first few years. On a '91, the lower the VIN, the lower the likelihood that it had a transmission in the snap ring range. I have yet to hear of one with a VIN below MT002400 that had a transmission in the range.

However, make sure the window regulators have been replaced or the window fix-it thingies installed!

Congrats! You're not to far from our CalCoastalNSX meetings in Calabasas. Check out the Southwest forums for updates. On the 3rd. Thursday of every month.
John Richards
805-987-7777

Hi.. thanks for all of the welcomes and comments about the car.. I did hear about the snap ring problem before I purchased the car and was assured that this car didnt have that problem...and the window thingies have also been replaced, although the windows seem to take a looonnngg time to go up..
I suppose that just means the car has character, right?

They shouldn't be super slow. That may mean that the window mechanism needs lubrication and/or that the window alignment or tracks need adjusting.

Back