Mugen Roll Bar Installation

I removed my roll bar to get it polished, and also took the time to clean up some of the wiring I have done on the bulkhead; here are some pictures...

DSC03960.JPG

DSC03963.JPG

DSC03965.JPG

DSC03966.JPG

DSC03969.JPG

DSC03979.JPG

DSC03981.JPG

Is that bar nhra certified?

Is that bar nhra certified?

I don't think a Japanese tuner would take the time to get a limited production roll bar, produced in the mid 1990's, approved by the National Hot Rod Association; it's a solid bar, which mounts to 6 hard points in the chassis - the bar takes some time to fit, as it was made slightly oversize, to stiffen the car. Once it's in you dread removing it, but I have no safety concerns as far as its durability is concerned.

That looks like a really nice bar,how much is it?

The bar is $1950 from Mugen (it's out of production), it was $250 to get a local shop to polish it, they said afterward the process was quite involved, due to some tight spaces, so a great deal of the polishing was done by hand. Originally, the bar comes powder-coated in a semi-gloss black.

:eek: That's a bad ass upgrade!!! How much room do you lose if any with this mod? Thanks for sharing.

The bar is designed to fit flush against the bulkhead, if there is any loss in room, it is not noticeable.

I don't think a Japanese tuner would take the time to get a limited production roll bar, produced in the mid 1990's, approved by the National Hot Rod Association; it's a solid bar, which mounts to 6 hard points in the chassis - the bar takes some time to fit, as it was made slightly oversize, to stiffen the car. Once it's in you dread removing it, but I have no safety concerns as far as its durability is concerned.

Only reason I ask is because our local track was recently sold and the new owner wont let us run anymore without having an nhra approved roll bar installed. I've been looking for one that wont require cutting up the cabin or the interior.

Absolutely gorgeous.

I have the same bar, but the regular black with a custom V1 mount. It noticeably stiffens the car and is so much nicer than a typical harness bar, not to mention the roll-hoops.

that thing is siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiick,the fit and finish is amazing, you need to upgrade to some ballerific takata's to use with that!

I am using Schroth Autocontrol Harnesses, these have a cable reel, which makes it much easier to enter/exit the vehicle.

Back