• ***AVOID MARKETPLACE SCAMS!!***

Scammers are using compromised Prime member accounts to pose as a trusted seller in the marketplace. Before you enter into a deal with any seller, follow these tips to keep yourself safe. If you encounter one of these scammers, please report them immediately and we will lock their account.

Caveat Emptor!

MSL Engine Management System for OBD2 NSX now shipping (see new info!)

http://www.scienceofspeed.com/products/engine_performance_products/NSX/MSL/EMS/

We are now shipping the MSL Engine Management System for OBD2 NSX. The system is based around the proven AEM EMS stand-alone engine management system.

Using a special designed ECU harness and an AEM EMS that is specially designed for later model NSX, the system drops into the rear firewall area plugging into the existing factory harness with out modification. The system integrates directly to the factory throttle by wire system and maintains factory functions such as air conditioning control and the coolant temperature gauge.

Please note: This system is now fully compatible with the factory coolant temp gauge thanks to Mike's hard work.

MSL-EMS.jpg

best regards,
-- Chris

AEM-EMS-preview.jpg

Last edited:
Have you guys even slept in the past year or so? SOS has just dumped on us a boatload of new and very cool parts. I'm sure alot of work has gone into these products. When did you find time to sleep? You guys are awesome!

Ok, I'm not a completely autoilleterate person but tuning cars is way beyond my skill level. Like I have no idea what this thing does for me.

Does anyone have a good "idiots guide to making your NSX go faster?" I'm about to work on the "nut that holds onto the wheel" next weekend at the track, but wouldn't mind getting the car to psudo exotic pony power (350 would be a nice target).

Not hi-jacking, just hitching a ride.

What an engine management system does is that it allows you to be able to properly tune your car. Right now your car runs on a stock engine control unit (ECU) that factory honda tuned to make your car start, drive, make power ect. Any time an engine is modified to try to make more horsepower, you have to have the abillity to re tune the car. The stock ECU does not allow this. Therefore you would put a programable ECU in the car. Its kind of like changing jets in your carburator, if you have ever played with old chevy motors. Now that all cars use electronic fuel injection The carburator is no longer. If the car is still 100% stock there is no need for an engine management system. If you do have have modifications such as a supercharger, turbocharger, n20, or an internally changed engine this system is for you. Even if you have just an exuast system, or an intake system you may benefit from having your car retuned to sute these changes to achieve maximum horsepower and reliability.

dynomike said:
Even if you have just an exuast system, or an intake system you may benefit from having your car retuned to sute these changes to achieve maximum horsepower and reliability.

From what I've been reading those are the first two mods to do.

Is it hard to "retune" your car with this MSL Engine Management System? Is it a dynamic thing that can be changed on the fly? (ie a profile for track & a profile for every day use) How do you re-program it...a laptop or integrated into a Nav/DVD/Stereo system?

Like every engine managment system on the market all systems have to be tuned by a profesional. The software is available to the public, but I highly recomend not trying to tune your own car unless you are very experience with doing so. The system has so much tuning power you can either make your car run very well or blow up the engine

are there baseline maps to start with? ...say 6, 8 , 10 12 psi?

once it is tuned, does the system adapt to outside factors such as sea level changes or temperature changes automatically? What I mean is, how often does it need to be re-tuned? I am interested in the system but want to get a better understanding of it.

Wheelman said:
once it is tuned, does the system adapt to outside factors such as sea level changes or temperature changes automatically? What I mean is, how often does it need to be re-tuned? I am interested in the system but want to get a better understanding of it.

If you buy a wideband 02 Sensor and run it regularly you can use the auto-tune feature to change maps on the fly. AEM is a great product, but defintely needs time to learn.

Wheelman said:

The system will adjust to different factors such as weather and altitude. If big changes will be done to these two factors I would recomend getting a wideband o2 sensor to be able to better correct for the changes. Once your car is tuned it will never have to be retuned unless something mechanically was changed to the engine.This system works exactly like the AEM ems For the 1991-1994 nsx. What I have done is made it able to work with the 1995-2005.

Would it be possible to have a base map for our specific setups for injector sizes etc?

Mike or Chris,
How does the MSL\AEM work with the immobilizer for 97+ cars?
Does the MSL\AEM have anything like the stock ecu for trouble codes?
Check engine light?
Will the remote key fob still work?
Could you tell us about the DBW fix?

heretic said:
Mike or Chris,
How does the MSL\AEM work with the immobilizer for 97+ cars?
Does the MSL\AEM have anything like the stock ecu for trouble codes?
Check engine light?
Will the remote key fob still work?
Could you tell us about the DBW fix?

The Immobilizer stays in the car and is non opperational
The system will not have trouble codes anymore do to the fact that The Aem Ems does not support it

The system works in conjunction with stock computer. The AEM will control everything on the engine except for the drive by wire. The stock ecu is soley responsible for making the fly by wire system work.

I finished tuning the first car this after noon with the system. The results were amazing. On a 1998 CTSC nsx I gained 20- 25hp in just tuning. The car starts, idles and drives like a stock car and till you put your foot in it.
Look for a new post with the results

not sure what FOB is

Back