Motorsports Weekend

Anyone going to San Jose Grand Prix?
Anyone going to NHRA Nationals in Sonoma?
I was thinking of catching qualy (SJGP) on Saturday, top fuel cars on Sunday.

27 hits and no one in this area is interested in going to see the Champ cars race around the streets of San Jose? How silly of me to think that there were actually any motorsports enthusiasts on here...

:biggrin:

27 hits and no one in this area is interested in going to see the Champ cars race around the streets of San Jose? How silly of me to think that there were actually any motorsports enthusiasts on here...

:biggrin:

If it weren't for the fact that I'll be in Sac on Saturday, I'd join you.

We have a few diehard locals who are actually skipping our family BBQ to attend this the San Jose Grand Prix.

I will refer them to this post; perhaps you can coordinate.

Do you know they way to San Jose?? I'll be there all week end. Having a great time. Got some great seats, I wish Champ Car would get kangaroo TV . We used it at F1 and it was so cool. I heard they have it at Nascar.

Fantastic weekend!
It was great to see ex-F1 driver Justin Wilson get the pole for the GP qualy, and of course the top fuel dragsters and funny cars were just unbelievable. I had seats literally 15 feet from the track - they were better than standing in thunder alley!
One of the alcohol dragsters had her wheelie bar snap, and the car completely flipped over and went airborne, right in front of me. The driver was unhurt, thankfully. My date (from China) had no clue as to what was going on. So we get there, and I push her right up against the fence in thunder alley. It was perfect timing; a couple of top fuel funny cars were just staging up. When they hit the throttle, this girl jumped about a foot straight up in the air - so funny! I am so mean...
:-)

Back