More NSX concept info...

I hadn't seen it yet. Thanks for the link.

I think he doesn't know much about the powerplant because it doesn't exist.:biggrin:

So far I'm just not impressed... Looks are so-so, no performance numbers yet, but I don't really care about those if the looks aren't there. Same reason why the R8 doesn't appeal to me, despite it's capabilities... Same story with the GT-R...

I understand the desire some have for a high HP car but for me 500+ is just too much for the street.

The first car with 270 hp delivered more performance than most could wring out on a track with novice skills or intermediate skills.

When I drive a car like a Z06, Viper or some like powered car on the street it is hard for me to enjoy.

My 96 with a CTSC is more than enough power for me.

Heck, my S2K has enough power for me and is a blast to drive.
Owning a NSX was never about HP bragging rights or magazine racing and If the next one does arrive, and has 400 hp, that will be fine with me.

Come to think of it I guess I haven't changed much. In high school I preferred a MG Midget or Triumph TR4 to a Vette or Z28.

Last edited:
I understand the desire some have for a high HP car but for me 500+ is just too much for the street.

The first car with 270 hp delivered more performance than most could wring out on a track with novice skills or intermediate skills.

When I drive a car like a Z06, Viper or some like powered car on the street it is hard for me to enjoy.

Mt 96 with av CTSC is more than enough power for me.

Heck my SK has enough power for me and is a blast to drive.
Owning a NSX was never about HP bragging rights or magazine racing and If the next one does arrive, and has 400 hp, that will be fine with me.

^^^this

I have a video of Gansan wringing a 1990 prototype on the skinny 15's around the Ring and it is almost ridiculous how fast the NSX is. There is so much speed potential in even a stock car that money is better spent on driving instruction than 500 hp mods. Most drivers don't extract even 50% of the speed potential out of this car. Unless stoplight racing and doing burnouts in the Home Depot parking lot is your idea of "speed." :D

My 96 with a CTSC is more than enough power for me.

Heck, my S2K has enough power for me and is a blast to drive.

Come to think of it I guess I haven't changed much. In high school I preferred a MG Midget or Triumph TR4 to a Vette or Z28.

What's nice about lot's of power from my experience is not always about mashing the pedal and spinning the tires.

It's also about not having to down shift to merge with traffic.

Also 500HP is all relative to the car's weight and if it's being delivered RWD or AWD.

And no, the S2k is not enough power. Certainly how the power is being delivered.

What's nice about lot's of power from my experience is not always about mashing the pedal and spinning the tires.

It's also about not having to down shift to merge with traffic.

Also 500HP is all relative to the car's weight and if it's being delivered RWD or AWD.

And no, the S2k is not enough power. Certainly how the power is being delivered.

Cannot disagree more. I had more fun with my "puny" S2000 than my GT-R, except at the track. But for around town and even highway driving, the S2000 is(was)much more visceral, enjoyable experience.

To each his own, but I will agree that HP does make a lot of difference to "most" people. Look at the negatives the Subaru/Scion is getting even though it will probably handle like a Miata or better due to its tighter structure.

Then again, I'm just a guy that is selling all his cars to pay the bills:frown:

High HP does not necessarily mean it will be hard to handle. The next NSX will be SH-AWD and should be able to handle and utilize quite a bit of HP. To say a high HP car handles worse than a low HP car is simply untrue; it is all in the application of that HP.

Great find! Never saw this before. He seems like he knows more than hes letting on. Obviously theyre trying to keep the power figures under wraps but im thinking they know after all the hype......this thing better be competitive!

Back