More grammar woes

I was taking a tour of the Napa Wine Country by bus (the only to go!) lately and the tour guide wanted to get people going with a few jokes. Under an oak tree she asks if anyone knows how to catch a squirrel? I replied,"Sure! You climb up a tree and show him you're nuts!"

She was horrified. I had to tell her it was Y O U ' R E not Y O U R . I still don't think she gets it.

That's an outrage!!! :mad: Get the Grammar Nazi onto it straight away... :D

Here's an SMS message a fren of mine sent me on her mobile... i've kept all the spacing and characters the exact same. The Grammar Nazi would turn in his grave...

<I>
Mornin!juz checkin if we're stil on 4 sat?m lkin fwd 2 it.
would u mind organisin d deets?i trst u.hp we can go sumwhr nice.iwana jaz up!oso u wana c kil bil?:-)
</I>

Neo, It appears to be some sort of code. Possibly a subset of English. Maybe you won't be sad after all. :D

You're lucky that women message you, even if it is in a different language. When I approach women they call 911. But I guess that's a bit off-topic.

PorknBeanz said:
Neo, It appears to be some sort of code. Possibly a subset of English. Maybe you won't be sad after all. :D

You're lucky that women message you, even if it is in a different language. When I approach women they call 911. But I guess that's a bit off-topic.

This the off-topic forum... anything goes...

hmm... so why do u have such bad luck w/ da chicks? We'll have to get some advice from MYNSX... he'll know what to do. :D

you don't introduce urself as "porknbeanz" i hope? :confused: that's not a healthy start (pun intended) :D

ChopsJazz said:
I was taking a tour of the Napa Wine Country by bus (the only to go!) lately and the tour guide wanted to get people going with a few jokes. Under an oak tree she asks if anyone knows how to catch a squirrel? I replied,"Sure! You climb up a tree and show him you're nuts!"

She was horrified. I had to tell her it was Y O U ' R E not Y O U R . I still don't think she gets it.
Ummm, so what was the tour guide's intended punch line? I can't imagine it being better than your's. :confused:

Re: Re: More grammar woes

FuryNSX said:
Ummm, so what was the tour guide's intended punch line? I can't imagine it being better than your's. :confused:

Her's was, "Climb up a tree and act like a nut." Whcih is essentially what I said!

Last edited:
Joel said:
Oh god, do we really have a Grammar Nazi?

Correction:
"Oh <B>G</B>od. [period] <B>D</B>o we ['really' is redundant] have a Grammar Nazi?" :D

If you don't dot your "i"s and slash your "t"s,
I'll slash your 'eyes' and blow a dot through your "t". :D
I will be enjoying a <U>massive</U> increase in my number of postings. :D

Back