Monterey Sports Car Championships-ALMS Car Corral-Mazda/Laguna Seca - Oct. 9-11, 2009

MontereySCC_Patron_rev1.jpg

The Americans LeMans (Race into the Dark) is once again coming to Mazda/Laguna Seca Raceway October 9-11, 2009

This year Acura will not be hosting a hospitality tent, lunch or Parade Lap at the ALMS. However, we will be able to have NSX VIP Parking (in the same general area) so we can park as a group. The cost is as follows for current NSXCA members:

3 Day Admission plus VIP Corral Parking Pass $80.00 per person

2 Day Admission plus VIP Corral Parking Pass $70.00 per person

Saturday Only plus VIP Corral Parking Pass $60.00 per person

Sunday Only plus VIP Corral Parking Pass $50.00 per person

For those of you who are not current NSXCA members there will be an additional $15.00 added to the pricing posted. We will also have NSXCA enrollment forms at ALMS for those who wish to become an NSXCA member. However, we encourage you to sign up before you purchase your tickets to avoid the additional fee.

Anyone interested in participating must purchase their tickets through Yolanda Atkinson who is coordinating the ticket purchase and corral.

Make checks payable to Yolanda Atkinson (you will receive confirmation on your ticket order when received) and mail to:

Yolanda Atkinson
621 Hillside Blvd.
South San Francisco, CA 94080

[email protected]

650-873-5552 Days
650-589-9724 Eves

Tickets can be purchased until September 23, 2009. After that point you can order but will need to pick up your tickets at the Embassy Suites in Seaside.

Best Western Salinas Valley Inn & Suites
187 Kern Street
Salinas, CA 93905
831-751-6411

Current Race Fan/AAA price online is $89.10 per night on Friday and $107.10 for Saturday plus tax for King/Double Occupancy.

Last edited:
Yolanda... Thanks for setting this up.

1) MikeC_587 - 2 Day Admission plus VIP Corral Parking Pass $70.00 per person
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

2) iCEE - Sunday Only plus VIP Corral Parking Pass $50.00 per person
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

The wife and I are coming down next week for the Concorso at Laguna Seca golf ranch. Trip #3, let me check my daughters schedule because I know she will be excited. Give me two weeks to check our schedules and I will let you know. I love having good reasons to drive down and see you guys.:biggrin:

2) iCEE - Sunday Only plus VIP Corral Parking Pass $50.00 per person
3) ChopsJazz - 2 Day Admission plus VIP Corral Parking Pass $70.00 per person
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

Have special tickets been arranged, or should we just get them online at the ALMS site?

Last edited:
Have special tickets been arranged, or should we just get them online at the ALMS site?

Anyone interested in participating must purchase their tickets through Yolanda Atkinson who is coordinating the ticket purchase and corral.

Make checks payable to Yolanda Atkinson (you will receive confirmation on your ticket order when received) and mail to:

Yolanda Atkinson
621 Hillside Blvd.

[email protected]

650-873-5552 Days
650-589-9724 Eves

Tickets can be purchased until September 23, 2009. After that point you can order but will need to pick up your tickets at the Embassy Suites in Seaside.

187 Kern Street
Salinas, CA 93905
831-751-6411

Yolanda Atkinson
621 Hillside Blvd.

[email protected]

650-873-5552 Days
650-589-9724 Eves

187 Kern Street
Salinas, CA 93905
831-751-6411

Thanks Carlos.

It's nice to know that somebody actually reads this stuff!:confused:

Jack

I'm in for sure - need to figure out if one of my sons will wanna go, and then get back with # of days/tix. Thanks again for organizing this Yojack!

MontereySCC_Patron_rev1.jpg

The Americans LeMans (Race into the Dark) is once again coming to Mazda/Laguna Seca Raceway October 9-11, 2009

This year Acura will not be hosting a hospitality tent, lunch or Parade Lap at the ALMS. However, we will be able to have NSX VIP Parking (in the same general area) so we can park as a group. The cost is as follows for current NSXCA members:

3 Day Admission plus VIP Corral Parking Pass $80.00 per person (Friday, Saturday and Sunday)

2 Day Admission plus VIP Corral Parking Pass $70.00 per person (Saturday and Sunday)

Saturday Only plus VIP Corral Parking Pass $60.00 per person

Sunday Only plus VIP Corral Parking Pass $50.00 per person

For those of you who are not current NSXCA members there will be an additional $15.00 added to the pricing posted. We will also have NSXCA enrollment forms at ALMS for those who wish to become an NSXCA member. However, we encourage you to sign up before you purchase your tickets to avoid the additional fee.

Yolanda Atkinson
621 Hillside Blvd.

[email protected]

650-873-5552 Days
650-589-9724 Eves

187 Kern Street
Salinas, CA 93905
831-751-6411

Current Race Fan/AAA price online is $89.10 per night on Friday and $107.10 for Saturday plus tax for King/Double Occupancy.

1) Chopsjazz - PAID - 3 Day Ticket
2) MikeC - PAID - Saturday Only
3) Dansplan - PAID - 2 Day Ticket
4) yojack1 - PAID - 2 Day Ticket

5) Chuck - Saturday Only

1) chopsjazz - paid - 3 day ticket
2) mikec - paid - saturday only
3) dansplan - paid - 2 day ticket
4) yojack1 - paid - 2 day ticket
5) steve h. - paid - sunday only
6) George G. - PAID - 2 Day ticket
7) Steve R. - Corral Only

5) chuck - saturday only-NOT PAID

if you are planning on the alms and the car corral all payments need to be received by this saturday to make the final ticket order.

Not sure if I'll be going, but just in case how much just for the corral parking only. I have access to vendor passes to attend the event. Thanks again yojack for time coordinating this. See u at the Vette corral. I heard that's where all the girls are at. LOL.

Not sure if I'll be going, but just in case how much just for the corral parking only. I have access to vendor passes to attend the event. Thanks again yojack for time coordinating this. See u at the Vette corral. I heard that's where all the girls are at. LOL.

The cost is $25.00 for the VIP Parking for all 3 days for non-NSXCA members. If you want a pass send me a check tomorrow. I am placing our final order on Monday. You will not be able to purchase a pass at the track to park in our section.

Yo

GOLD RIVER, CA (September 28, 2009) The Driving Ambition team of driver Kip Olson and builder/mechanic Shad Huntley announced today that they will enter the first Acura NSX in the World Challenge GT series since PD Cunningham successfully campaigned the rare NSX in 2001. The Driving Ambition team and the #49 car will make their debut at the ALMS race weekend at the Laguna Seca Raceway on October 9-11, 2009.

Besides the age of the 1991 Acura NSX, the remarkable storyline about the Driving Ambition team is that they were rookies in the San Francisco Region of SCCA this year, challenging teams with much more horsepower and many more years of experience….and winning the Super Production (SP) class. Arguably the most consistent team on the SP grid, virtually the only points lost were due to mechanical problems on this 18 year old one of a kind turbo charged Acura. It should also be noted that Olson has shown consistent and remarkable speed with only a couple of years of kart competition several years ago. While several years of track day driving have developed some really “great hands,” he’s been a very quick study learning the fine art of racecraft in this very first year of serious racing.

"I know that we’re taking on a mighty formidable challenge," said Olson, a 44-year-old excavation contractor of Sacramento, CA, and we can’t really blame the WC regulars if they will be skeptical of our ability to be competitive. I’m ambitious, but not stupid and wouldn’t even consider it if Shad didn’t have the race engineering and car builder experience, a top notch race shop and most importantly, racing in his blood. He’s been building cars for me for over 7 years and he’s my racing brother.”

Joining Kip in the adventure is Shad Huntley, formerly Comptech’s guru for Honda and Acura performance parts. Prior to that, he worked on the IMSA Camel Lights Spice NSX and the Brix-Comptech Indy Car, both piloted by the legendary Parker Johnstone. Shad was the youngest IndyCar Chief Mechanic ever and, in 1997 was named Chief Mechanic of the Year while heading the Carl Hogan team with driver Dario Franchitti. “We made history with the number 49 on both the Spice car and the prototype Honda powered IndyCar and we intend to make history with #49 on this optimized performance road car. What started out as an experiment in fun with Kip has quietly become a serious obsession with speed and handling.”

SCCA World Challenge officials understandably took a long hard look at this rookie team’s request to compete against world class pro drivers and equipment in the GT class. But Olson’s lap times and Huntley’s car building specifications speak volumes to their potential and led to this remarkable opportunity for both the Driving Ambition team and the World Challenge series. Look for this sleek mid-engine Ferrari beater on the World Challenge grid in October.

For more information on the Driving Ambition team, please visit their website at: http://www.drivingambition.us/ .

Hey Fran - hope you'll be there Sat & Sun. Very cool that Kip and Shad will be in some of the acutal races this time around!

We've been confirmed for a special private paddock tour with the Acura RealTime Team and defending 2008 series champion Peter Cunningham on Saturday @ 12:50p

I have one extra Saturday Ticket and VIP Car Corral NSX Parking Pass available. Cost is $60.

Anyone interested needs to contact me by tomorrow since I will be at the track on Friday.

650-873-5552 Days
650-589-9724 Eves
415-640-7958 Cell

Yolanda

Guess I'm coming too :-) :smile: I am in Monterey this weekend, didn't bring my nsx but I will be riding w/Dansplan saturday. Looking forward to meet you guys and gals. Sunday I go sailing w/my school buddy in SF bay south beach marina. Looks like a fun weekend for me.:biggrin: :biggrin:

Back