mitsubishi comparison

anyone here ever drive the VR4?

just curious on your thoughts of this vehicle in relation to an nsx.
specifically a 91-93 nsx against a 98/99 vr4.
which gave you more enjoyment and pleasure, and what problems did the vr4 give you if any?

thank you.

beeker16 said:
anyone here ever drive the VR4?...
which gave you more enjoyment and pleasure, and what problems did the vr4 give you if any?

thank you.

I sold my Spyder VR4 and replaced it with my NSX. It gave me the pleasure of having a retractable hardtop before the ones on the market now were available, and it was very easy to add mods onto for performance gains. As for the problems, well it has a rap-sheet about 30 pages long within the first year that I owned it. The brakes sucked, the hartop was nothing short of a nightmare at times, and the Getrag tranny had to be replaced at 16k miles.

So, if you want to know which car is better in terms of pleasure and reliability, it's no guess why there's an NSX in my garage.

I have heard the pros and cons to the VR4's, heavy they are(mine was 3780lbs with me in it)and as for unreliable, not mine. I currently own a 94' Stealth Twinturbo and its a great car and a beast when you get on the throttle(16lbs of boost, 420hp, Qtr. mile 12.8@107mph all for $1100 in upgrades). It is a great car you can drive everyday, the ride is nice, it has a back seat, 26mpg on the highway, I have had mine for 2 years and put 30k miles on it with no problems(4 race days at the drag races also). Its not an NSX, but it has more torque and I can drive it rain or shine or ice or snow and never worry about rock chips or parking it at wallmart. It is a great second car and is just as fast as an NSX and for a little $$$ in mods it really rips....You can pick up a really nice low mile one between $10k-$14k for a 94'-96. the six speed is the best if you spend alot of time on the highway, but watch out for bad trannys. Some people abuse and tear up second gear and they wont shift well. Well thats my 2cents and I love both cars. I think they both do what they were designed to do very well.

Last edited:
Back