mileage driven each year

For whatever reason I decided to average my mileage over the last 5 yrs between my three vehicles and came up with ~23k/yr,I only live between 5-25 miles from my workplaces.How much are the rest of us driving/yr?

eek.gif
HOLY CRAP! The National average is 12k/yr. and 15k/yr. in transient states... You guys are definitely not working enough unless you are working out of your cars. Those miles are outrageous. 23k, 50k, pfft......

Hey John,

Well if you include my three cars it goes like this:

91 Accord (My Daily Driver)- 20K
01 RAV4 (Sissy's ride) 16K
NSX - 5/6K

So I am about 42K total, two drivers.

LarryB

Between 3 cars drove 37K in '01, but in So Cal you drive everywhere (bumper to bumper!)

------------------
  • 1997 NSX-T
  • 1983 El Camino
  • 1972 VW Bug

Am I the only low-mileage driver here? The NSX is my daily driver, and I only put about 3,000 miles on it a year. I just changed jobs, so my commute will be longer, but I still don't think I'll break 5,000 miles a year. No, I don't avoid driving the NSX - I just live in a convenient spot!

I started this topic because I was amazed at how much I drive with the national average~12k/yr.I'm commuting~2-300mi/wk which means I'm doing alot of wkend driving.Nsx-8k,cruiser-11k,s2k-5k.

Originally posted by docjohn:
I'm commuting~2-300mi/wk

Lightweight! I commuted just under 200 miles per day 5 days a week for quite a while. I think it was 96 miles one way and I had it down to 1 hour 23 minutes which included several toll plazas (pre-EZPass)and some local roads that were 35-45mph stuff. Glad those days are over!

------------------
Andrew Henderson
The NSX Model List Page

"We have long acknowledged that enthusiasm for things automotive is a sure
sign of emotional instability if not outright dementia"
- Brock Yates

Back