• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Mike Lee 4/14 Detail Day Signup

1.) tk
2.) white93nsx
3.) NSFRBLX
4.) racer-ex
5.) Jimmy (jimbonuttz)
6.) carmar
7.) larryNSX
8.) DDankew
9.) 02#154
10.) REDNSXT
11.) Ben Lin
12.) NMYMIRR
13.) EK
14.) NSXnR6
15.) NRG
16.) NSX-Tuner
17.) CiaoBoy
18.) iCEE
19.)

Well, looks like I'm going to have to pass on this one (something came up). I've remove myself for the list. Have fun guys. I'll try and make some of the other upcoming events.

1.) tk
2.) white93nsx
3.) NSFRBLX
4.) racer-ex
5.) Jimmy (jimbonuttz)
6.) carmar
7.) larryNSX
8.) DDankew
9.) 02#154
10.) REDNSXT
11.) Ben Lin
12.) EK
13.) NSXnR6
14.) NRG
15.) NSX-Tuner
16.) CiaoBoy
17.) iCEE
18.)
19.)

Hello everyone,

As we draw closer to the detail day, I wanted to give you guys a quick agenda and my plans for the day.

I will discuss the following:

9:00AM- The group arrives, have some coffee, pastries, etc...
9:30AM- I will start the discussions
- Back to Basics- Prepping and Washing Your Car
- Claying- different techniques and different clay grades
- Compounding, Polishing, Glazing, Waxing, Paint Sealants, etc...
- Paint problems, prevention and pointers for the NSX
- Tools- hand vs. machine, hose vs. power washer, etc.
- Questions and Answers
10:30AM/11:00AM- I will have a wash station set up with our products and tools so you can wash your cars and I will answer questions and guide you through the process on the Do's and Don'ts. We can also go over at that time your problem areas and how to address them.

NOTE: The landlord is not very keen to having car washes done here so if he complains, we may have to stop the washing.

Also, this is a Porsche shop so Porsche are definitely welcomed.

Last edited:
According to the latest weather report this morning...

Chance of rain early part of the day clearing by the evening. Rain will be heavier in the north.

Please dress warm and bring an extra pair of dry sox!

Mike: Sent you a PM a few days ago...hope all is well.

Anyone in the Oakland/Alameda area want to caravan down? I'll be driving my wife's car.

1.) tk
2.) white93nsx
3.) NSFRBLX
4.) racer-ex
5.) Jimmy (jimbonuttz)
6.) carmar
7.) larryNSX
8.) DDankew
9.) 02#154
10.) REDNSXT
11.) Ben Lin
12.) EK
13.) NSXnR6
14.) NRG
15.) NSX-Tuner
16.) CiaoBoy
17.) iCEE
18.) Juejaimon
19.)

Last edited:
According to the latest weather report this morning...

Chance of rain early part of the day clearing by the evening. Rain will be heavier in the north.

Please dress warm and bring an extra pair of dry sox!

Oh great...such a beautiful Friday...how can they rain on us tomorrow?

Should it be postponed for Sunday? or the following Saturday? If the session is still on, then i'll take the light rail over there :)

1.) John I.
2.) white93nsx
3.) NSFRBLX
4.) racer-ex
5.) Jimmy (jimbonuttz)
6.) carmar
7.) larryNSX
8.) DDankew
9.) 02#154
10.) REDNSXT
11.) Ben Lin
12.) EK
13.) NSXnR6
14.) NRG
15.) NSX-Tuner
16.) CiaoBoy
17.) iCEE
18.) Juejaimon
19.)

Even if it rains tomorrow, this clinic is still worth going to. THere will be room inside the shop for many of the cars if not all. While you may not get home with your car spotless, you will still learn a lot from mike and he can work with you on any tricky spots you have.

If you have your car all waxed up before you drive home, it will only take a quick rinse on Sunday morning to get the bit of drit off from the drive home.

In other words, don't wimp out just because of teh possibility of a few rain drops, the car won't melt :biggrin:

tk

Weather Update

folks,

i live <1 mile from this shop and as of 7:22 this morning our streets have no water on them. cloudy, yes - it couldrain - but as of this moment we have had no rain / water hit our streets. (running some errands @ 6:30 this morning in the surrounding towns, there was water on the ground - but not here in campbell.

best,
hal

it's 8 am San Francisco, and it is raining, but I'll bite the bullet and drive down. Hopefully it stops when I get there. BE there around 9:45.

Thanks to everyone who braved the winds and rain to show up yesterday. Hopefully you took away one or more tips that will help you maintain your NSX and to prevent causing any other problems in your detailing and care routine.

Feel free to see some of the tips on our website which goes into more details on how to Wash your car, Cleaning Wheels, Claying, Compounding, Polishing and waxing your car, among other tips.

http://www.detailingdynamics.com/tip.html

If you have a specific problem you need help on, feel free to email or call me as I can assist you in the resolution of the problem.

Happy Detailing,

Back