Mexican or Russian Grand Prix

Has anyone heard any updates on the possible futures of either the Mexican Grand Prix (Cancun) or Russian Grand Prix (Moscow or St Pete)? Mexico was supposed to start in 2006, but it's not on the schedule, and I've seen 2007 at the earliest. Thanks.
Jesse

I didn't know Mexico was a possibility, but didn't the Renault team visit Moscow a couple times in 2005 and 2004? If so, there must have been a reason for its visit.

You are correct that Renault took some drives around Moscow city streets the past 2 years. I was in Moscow 1 week too late this past Sept. :frown:
As far as Mexico, I read that they signed a 5 year deal which was supposed to last through 2010, and that the same designer of the Shanghai course is incharge of Cancun.

foxy-abby said:
You are correct that Renault took some drives around Moscow city streets the past 2 years. I was in Moscow 1 week too late this past Sept. :frown:
As far as Mexico, I read that they signed a 5 year deal which was supposed to last through 2010, and that the same designer of the Shanghai course is incharge of Cancun.

Im glad they chose Cancun if they are bringing F1 back to Mexico. Mexico City is just too crowded/polluted. Booze,Babes,Sex, and F1!!! :biggrin:

NSXrebel said:
Im glad they chose Cancun if they are bringing F1 back to Mexico. Mexico City is just too crowded/polluted. Booze,Babes,Sex, and F1!!! :biggrin:
Wow, mexico is stepping up into the world of racing.
first they get the FIA World Rally Championship to start an event there, and now F1?
After indy, i dare say Mexico has US beat!
(pun intended, i apologize) :biggrin:

Mexico has had a F1 GP in the past, its not the first time. They also have CART, NASCAR, and BAJA. those are the ones that I know of.

NSXrebel said:
Has there ever been discussion of a Las Vegas F1 G.P. ? I can't imagine a better American location.

Back