Meeyatch1 + Detroit Auto Show Press Day + NSX unveiling = AWESOME!!

Agree, thanks Mitch and Wingz too !

looks like some wide wheel arches going on... big wheels under there

I just talked to some of the design team, and they said their goal is to get back to Honda / Acura's original vision of performance luxury, with more leaning towards performance. The technology packed into this car is supposed to be epic.

Tell them the NEED to release the car in Formula Red :biggrin:

I just talked to some of the design team, and they said their goal is to get back to Honda / Acura's original vision of performance luxury, with more leaning towards performance. The technology packed into this car is supposed to be epic.

Keep talking to them! That's the only way we're going to potentially get information that's not disclosed elsewhere...

Super spy Mitch!!

What does this statement even mean? "epic technology"
Is there something more than what has been announced?

20 years ago:
VTEC was EPIC.
Aluminum body and suspension was EPIC.
Titanium connecting rods was EPIC.

I highly doubt there will be 3 completely new breakthroughs never before seen on a consumer automobile.

I will say the body; particularly the mirrors, doors and roofline look very sexy.

I predict in 2 hours lots of WTF?!, WTH?!, Why did they..............., Why didn't they...............
and not so much .....................knocked it out of the park again!

Just talked to P.D. Cunningham!! He is sitting right behind me. Good company to see the unveiling. :)

What does this statement even mean? "epic technology"
Is there something more than what has been announced?

20 years ago:
VTEC was EPIC.
Aluminum body and suspension was EPIC.
Titanium connecting rods was EPIC.

I highly doubt there will be 3 completely new breakthroughs never before seen on a consumer automobile.

I will say the body; particularly the mirrors, doors and roofline look very sexy.

I predict in 2 hours lots of WTF?!, WTH?!, Why did they..............., Why didn't they...............
and not so much .....................knocked it out of the park again!

Here is my guess of what the next NSX will be know for in the future:
1) Next generation super handling all wheel drive
2) Next generation power plant with the V6 hybrid

The advantage they had last time was that the car was almost complete when it was released. This is a protoype that doesn't even have an interior. There are going to be a lot of unanswered questions I would think.

wow Mitch, say hello to PD from me and the whole nsxca gang.Btw it better not be plum colored....:frown:

This maybe the first tohc engine ....three cams baby redline 10k.........

Ok this is just too much.........thank God its not paypreview......lol:cool:

Just talked to P.D. Cunningham!! He is sitting right behind me. Good company to see the unveiling. :)

Super nice guy. He signed our service truck a few years ago at Mid-Ohio during the 200. And Signed the glove box of my old Sebring silver turbo car. He has a real passion for the NSX.

Im getting ready to watch it on the Acura Interactive network via webcam. 2:30 cant come soon enough :biggrin:

Send a hug out there to PD from me as well!

I was one of the lucky few who bought a lap around Road America with PD driving his supercharged Realtime NSX and it remains one of the best 2:30 I've spent on this planet.

Later I chatted with him in the pits and asked what he thought was the best performance upgrade you can make to an NSX and he told me to "Upgrade the spacer...the thing that takes up the space between the steering wheel and the seat." Enough said.

Sadly new NSX this could be a killer-cool car, packed with great tech and all, but it won't be an NSX to me...something from an aging guy who understands art when he sees it, and anything new won't be done to the level of insanity they poured into the original - plus they don't have Senna around to make it perform.

MAN I am getting old!

9:00 to go!!

I just picked up my car with newly installed resonated tp's. Had to hurry back to the computer. :tongue:

Sadly new NSX this could be a killer-cool car, packed with great tech and all, but it won't be an NSX to me...something from an aging guy who understands art when he sees it, and anything new won't be done to the level of insanity they poured into the original - plus they don't have Senna around to make it perform.

MAN I am getting old!

+1 :wink:

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/291Wh1AF2Ds?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

When does the page go live? I keep refreshing every few min but it would be nice to know when it goes live

Back