Media Bias Against Nsx Design

Eric5273 said:
Same with seat memories -- once you have power seats, adding memories require very an extra microchip and a couple extra plastic buttons.

Ummm - I don't think our power seats have any position sensing built-in...

AndyH said:
the only porsche that will make me turn my head is the carrera GT someday

The Porsche that turns mine is the Turbo - but I like mid-engine as well as performance (a car magazine recently said 911 Porsches have handling despite the design, not because of it).

I always say I rate performance/handling over looks, but OTOH I'm glad the NSX is the best looking car on the road :)

I hear people complain that Honda should have at lease updated the interior to compete with modern cars of today. They say it needs some sort of indash CD player (I agree a bit here although I went aftermarkey anyway) and a navigation system. They seem to think the interior looks oudated. Then, I show them a picture of the JDM navigation pod, or my JDM navigation pod with the Alpine monitor and they no longet seem to think it is outdated. It seems the navigation does the trick.

As for the outside looks. I guess to many who have followed the NSX is is getting old, however, some people don't even know what an NSX is and often tell me it is a great looking car and think it is brand new. I guess to them it is not outdated. I saved up a long time for my NSX and while doing so I saw a lot of cars come about. I love the looks of the G35 Coupe and and might have gotten one. In the end, the NSX was still king of the hill and I went with an 11 year old NSX over many brand new modern cars.

yeh

I don't really care what others think though..

At the end of the day, I'm the one with the NSX!

:D ravi

Re: yeh

STOCKTONSX said:
I don't really care what others think though..

At the end of the day, I'm the one with the NSX!

:D ravi

True:D I do find it odd that I offer to let anyone I personally know drive the NSX if they wanted to. I've only had one of my friends take me up on my offer. Everyone is too scared they are going mess the car up or something. I mean really, under normal driving conditions I don't find the NSX any different to drive than any of my other cars I('ve) own/owned. I wish more people would take me up on my offer so they can experience first hand what we owners already know.

Eric5273 said:
Porsche has updated the design (both interior and exterior) many times over that 40 years. The new car looks very different from the original.

No, it doesn't.

Guess which of these Porsches is thirty years old, and which one is a new one:

frog.gif

MiscDancfrog.gif

They both look pretty much the same to me...

I have had it with the bias against the "aging" NSX styling and those people and magazines who complain about the NSX's [OK, let's say it together] "12-year old design."

I'd rather have an "aging" style than 90% of the ugly ass cars that are being designed today. It makes it easy to write off mag critics that way...because they often praise the designs that bug me the most.

Looks like Honda is going the Ferrari Testarossa path. Built in 1984. 7 years later revised in 1991 with the 512TR by adding more power. 3 years later come up with the 512M that has exposed headlights. (10 year old car)

Diablo came out in 1990. 8 years later give it exposed headlights and replace the model 3 years later. (11 year old car)

NSX built in 1990, revised 7 years with more power. 5 years later update it with exposed headlights. (13 year old car)

Last edited:
wctsao said:
Looks like Honda is going the Ferrari Testarossa path. Built in 1984. 7 years later revised in 1991 with the 512TR by adding more power. 3 years later come up with the 512M that has exposed headlights. (10 year old car)

Diablo came out in 1990. 8 years later give it exposed headlights and replace the model 3 years later. (11 year old car)

NSX built in 1990, revised 7 years with more power. 5 years later update it with exposed headlights. (13 year old car)

Damn good analogy, wctsao.

-Kevin

Re: Re: yeh

ChrisK said:
True:D I do find it odd that I offer to let anyone I personally know drive the NSX if they wanted to.
I wish more people would take me up on my offer so they can experience first hand what we owners already know.
So true - I took my brother out in mine and on the return trip stopped and tossed him the keys. Two words from him at the end of the trip: "I understand".

And, to illustrate how far behind the American manufacturers are...

The C4 Corvette was sold for thirteen years, 1984-1996, with pop-up headlights. It was replaced in 1997 by the C5 Corvette, now in its seventh year, still with pop-up headlights.

Back