McLaren Senna sure looks like the first generation NSX...

The profile of the new McLaren Senna is so similar to the nsx you’d of thought the same people designed it..Not to mention the Senna NSX connection..

It looks more like this to me :)

the-homer-ft.jpg

The ugliness of this new McLaren might not be unanimous but perhaps at the very least a blindfold could be thrown in for each new owner? Worse though might be putting in your deposit for the "BP23" and being told it would be a mid-seater cockpit like the F1, with likewise only 106 to be made. But now McLaren tells you they'll make 500 of them and will use the layout and kindof the engine of the 720s. Anyway if it really is sub-1200kg that is lighter than any P or F car in 30 years!

What I wonder is how much faster it has to be vs a cheaper/prettier GT2RS to justify its existence?

Oh well at least Honda didn't dare name their NC1 a 'Senna'.

My drinking has nothing to do with it..Both cars profile are “”very”” similar and I think the Senna looks amazing..

Last edited:
The ugliness of this new McLaren might not be unanimous but perhaps at the very least a blindfold could be thrown in for each new owner? Worse though might be putting in your deposit for the "BP23" and being told it would be a mid-seater cockpit like the F1, with likewise only 106 to be made. But now McLaren tells you they'll make 500 of them and will use the layout and kindof the engine of the 720s. Anyway if it really is sub-1200kg that is lighter than any P or F car in 30 years!

What I wonder is how much faster it has to be vs a cheaper/prettier GT2RS to justify its existence?

Oh well at least Honda didn't dare name their NC1 a 'Senna'.

From R&T:
"It’s hard to imagine many cars calling out the McLaren P1 for being less than batshit crazy, but the car formerly known as the McLaren P15, and now named Senna, after the legendary triple F1 champ who died in 1994, does exactly that.
But what exactly is the Senna? If you’re thinking it must be the replacement for the P1 you’re only part right. Mindful of the compromises made with the P1 its replacement comes in two parts: this track-ready Senna, and a three-seat GT recalling the flavor of the iconic McLaren F1. Currently codenamed BP23, we’ll see that car before the end of 2018. It won’t be as quick as the $1m-plus-taxes Senna around a track, but it’ll obliterate it in a straight line, cost twice as much and cause the Bugatti Chiron a world of pain. At least, that's what McLaren hopes."

Not sure how to put this but I like things that are so purpose built to do one thing that they are beautiful. My example is the greyhound dog. I don't want to offend but I don't think it's the prettiest dog out there but the function of it, it's aerodynamic head, big chest cavity for it's lungs, and giant rear legs for propulsion is beautiful to me. I would classify this car in the same way; it is purpose built to do one thing....go fast.
greyhound.jpg

It's the black cockpit that pays homage to the original NSX

8631mclaren-senna-7-1.jpg

1991-acura-nsx-11.jpg

Last edited:
With a window to show off some sexy legs.:eek:Sorry, not my favorite. Too much going on.

not sure how to put this but i like things that are so purpose built to do one thing that they are beautiful. My example is the greyhound dog. I don't want to offend but i don't think it's the prettiest dog out there but the function of it, it's aerodynamic head, big chest cavity for it's lungs, and giant rear legs for propulsion is beautiful to me. I would classify this car in the same way; it is purpose built to do one thing....go fast.
View attachment 149579
Exactly!

Personally I think the McLaren MP4-12C really pays homage to the first gen NSX, with the inline rear spoiler, and general gorgeous body proportions. I was never a huge fan of the MP4-12C, until I saw it in action in this video (about 0:40 mark, and dat rear at 2:06 mark):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hazuw0ghjXc

It definitely looks like a spiritual successor to the classic NSX... just gorgeous!

Last edited:
It's the black cockpit that pays homage to the original NSX

8631mclaren-senna-7-1.jpg

1991-acura-nsx-11.jpg
I agree. That should have been the New NSX!!!

Sent from Samsung Note8

That’s what I thought..Twin turbo manuel 6 speed, not a hybrid or all electric sports car fan..I’ve got a 95 5 speed, if I wanted to let my car do the driving around town fine, that’s why I’m getting a Tesla Model 3..

Last edited:
That’s what I thought..Twin turbo manuel 6 speed, not a hybrid or all electric sports car fan..I’ve got a 95 5 speed, if I wanted to let my car do the driving around town fine, that’s why I’m getting a Tesla Model 3..

So I am guessing based out of your quote that you are not a fan of the second Gen NSX..

Don’t hate it..but..if I had $200,000 to spend I’d get an NSX-R from japan ‘’and’’ a Pantera. Not interested in hybrid sports cars or paddle shifters from anyone..

Don’t hate it..but..if I had $200,000 to spend I’d get an NSX-R from japan ‘’and’’ a Pantera. Not interested in hybrid sports cars or paddle shifters from anyone..
I agree with you. The Mclaren's roof line and side profile are reminiscent of the original NSX.
The real NSX-R are fetching $200k+ usd nowadays. There was one 2002 NSX-R I saw in Tokyo in 2015 was asking $250k usd.
Steve

truth be told, that profile could be any of dozens of old Supercars really. it's a pretty normal shape.

personally, it doesn't look that pretty to me... :frown:

This car resembles a countach much more than an nsx. I think it is not very easy on the eyes.
EB9CA788-792A-47B4-822B-7C9449781FCE.jpeg
E49284C0-20E3-431E-9CD8-53B9970E88C1.jpeg

720S looks much better in person. But yeah, I still love the P1 and not much else Micky’s makes.

Back