McLaren P1 prototype

Someone hire that 13-y/o, quick!

And when did they have "two-tone" with carbon fiber in the 80s, because I am all for retro if that's the case.

Hey, even Picasso and Van Gogh have fans. But it has less to do with skill and more to do with novelty/originality. It doesn't have to be beautiful to be popular. In my opinion, the car is ugly. The materials (carbon fiber) are irrelevent to my aesthetic appreciation. Even the NA2 Type R is too ugly for me to pursue just on account of it's rear spoiler and black mirrors. Not that I wouldn't enjoy driving one. But if I owned it, I'd install a base model spoiler for daily driving and paint the mirrors.

The point being: looks are a show stopper for me. An ugly car will never will never make it into my stable. Even if it is a Bughatti.

car_photo_550846_25.jpg

car_photo_550861_25.jpg

car_photo_550840_25.jpg

car_photo_550855_25.jpg

Honestly fellas... I'd be happy with either

...and my neighbors would continue the WTF-face

which makes me smile :rolleyes:

i wouldn't kick one out of bed for eating crackers.

but I do think it's hideous.

you can't just shape nice lines anymore, the computer and the testing (and safety stds) presents the designer with boundaries that are critical to work within - especially with the numbers these cars are putting up - and the top speeds they are chasing. and just going with the times - everything has to ebb and flow styling-wise.

If I had that kind of money, I am sure I'd have some kind of modern hypercar - but I suspect I'd get around to that after securing a McLaren F1 and other cars that I consider less of a computer experience and to be transparent - and get back to my point - that I think are just more pleasing to the eye. The look of an exotic was the thing that inspired me as much as the performance - because race cars are always faster but it's pure performance there - comparing a dream car to something with logos from KMart....Milwaukee Tools...

"and Bill Chambers in the Tampax car wins it!"

kind of ruins it for me.

I like a car to look pleasing to my old man eyes.

Couldn't agree with you more.

I live minutes from there.

At the other corner are the guys at Jiffy Lube fantasizing.....

But how sad is it that it's across from a Jiffy Lube? Like a common Toyota dealer...

We have glamorous, high-foot-traffic shopping districts around, but they just didn't end up in one. Unfortunate.

Well think about it.

Palo Alto is THE epicenter of the Silicon valley which is the epic center of high tech.

Just some famous employers that are HQ'd here:

Stanford
HP
IDEO
Tesla

Actors from PA (there are more):

Teri Hatcher
James Franco

Politicians and civil servants:

Hoover
Condi Rice

Business leaders and entrepreneurs:

Sergey Brin, co-founder of Google
Tim Cook, CEO of Apple Inc.
Debbi Fields, founder of Mrs. Fields Bakeries
David Filo, co-founder of Yahoo! Inc.
Jack Herrick, founder of wikiHow
William Hewlett, deceased co-founder of technology company Hewlett-Packard; buried at Alta Mesa Cemetery in Palo Alto
Mark Hurd, past chairman, chief executive officer, and President of Hewlett-Packard.
Steve Jobs, deceased co-founder of Apple Inc.; lived in Palo Alto 1980-2011; buried at Alta Mesa Cemetery in Palo Alto
Jawed Karim, co-founder of YouTube.
Marissa Mayer, CEO and president of Yahoo!, former vice president of search products & user experience at Google
Elon Musk, CEO of TESLA Motors, Space X
David Packard, deceased co-founder of technology company Hewlett-Packard; buried at Alta Mesa Cemetery in Palo Alto
Larry Page, co-founder and CEO of Google.
Owen Van Natta, COO of Facebook, CEO of Myspace, COO of Zynga.
Romesh Wadhwani, founder and chairman of Symphony Technology Group
Jerry Yang, co-founder and former CEO of Yahoo! Inc.
Mark Zuckerberg, co-founder and CEO of Facebook.

a friend in New Orleans has a MP4-12C like Ritesh on here in TX, and he almost bought the P1. Next time I see him, I'll take a pix with my NSX, his GTR and his Big Mac. and we can compare the diff. I asked him about his driving impression of the MP4 and what he thought of the P1....he replied....

>I was on the list for the P1 but got off. I did not like the styling nor the mixing of Kers with propulsion. I don't know Mr.. Ritesh, but if you send info on reading >his comments that would be nice. My car is in Dallas having upgrades and additional Hp. added. Get in touch if you get back to N.O. Mike

I love the styling of the P1 but not green enough to like the KER stuff.

Back