Massachusetts meet up?

Anybody know of/start an upcoming cars and coffee in the near future?

I arranged one a couple of years ago. Be my guest if you want to do it again. But I'd try like June/July when its actually warm in this wretched state.

Thanks for the suggestion. I don't think there are many of us in this part of the country. Let me know if you are interested in meeting/cruise sometime.

I had 13 NSX's show up last time. Choose a date with a poll, and let people decide when they want to attend. Whatever day gets the most votes (make sure its not mothers day or some holiday), set it up at a place. I am sure guys will show up. My recommendation is some place like F1 Boston or www.f1outdoors.com because then there are some fun activities to do. Or there is this place called the Glass Slipper but I won't get into that now. lol...

Thats funny. I can think of a few places myself, but this is a family show. Your turnout is encouraging. More than I would have expected. I just recently bought my car and when I had it serviced right after I bought it, the acura dealer (prime in Norwood) said he had not seen an NSX in 2 years.

I am a new NSX owner in the Boston area and would definitely attend a local meet. I went to the "New" Glass Slipper a few weeks ago before a Bruins game. New location, same old slipper....

Did you buy the Silver 02 from prime a few months back? I had that car in my sites and had a verbal on the price. Last minute the sales manager said they are going to sell it to the neighbor of the owner. I suspect they wanted to hold out for a better price.

Thats funny. I can think of a few places myself, but this is a family show. Your turnout is encouraging. More than I would have expected. I just recently bought my car and when I had it serviced right after I bought it, the acura dealer (prime in Norwood) said he had not seen an NSX in 2 years.

Most everyone in the Boston area takes their car to Mitch at Mechanics Direct in Lowell. I occassionally will take mine to Acura of Auburn who has a master NSX tech and services a dozen or so NSXs. But you should go to Mitch if at all possible.

Yeah, that was probably me, and no, I dont live next to the owner. They played hardball for a while and then capitulated. 03 silver from Prime MB. Thanks for the recommendations. Any thoughts on Acura in Norwood or best to stick with the 2 recommendations? Gonna throw in a new timing belt and water pump.

Last edited:
Ditto on the recommendations for Mechanics Direct and Acura of Auburn. The NSX gets most of its service done at Mechanics Direct since the previous owner took it there for service and Mitch knows the car. I was just up there last week for an oil change.

I've taken my Acuras to Acura of Auburn since 96 and have always had great service there. Jeff, Joe & Jim (Jim's now up at their Fitchburg dealership) have been there all this time. It's not often that a dealership has the same service managers for that many years. When I take the NSX there for annual MA inspections and last year for new tires, they treat it with the utmost respect. The same can be said for my RSX and my previous Integra. The dealership is just one of the reasons why I continue to purchase Acuras.

A meet up would be great. I had the NSX all set for the WPI car show a few weeks back but weekend chores took precedence.

Mitch knows more about the NSX than anyone I have know locally. He owns one, is a Comptech dealer, knows the guys at SOS, and has done lots of crazy modified setups. His advice to me has always been solid, and the work thorough. Its the only place I take my NSX. FYI Mitch was the foreman at Acura of Boston and those guys, even 10 years later, speak highly of him.

As for a meet, lets see if we can get more replies to see how many parties are interested.

lets go people

Although I'm no NSX owner I would love to attend a meet if you guys have no problems with that.

I'd be interested in a meet-up, if schedule permits.

A couple years ago we had one the Turbo set up... it was at Kimball's Farm in Westford, MA (big New England ice cream place with lots of other attactions for families, e.g., food, driving range, par-3 golf, bumper boats, etc.). It's a great location as they have a large grass field across the street from the establishment (where they have Thursday night car shows all through the summer). We parked there, took pictures, talked, etc. So, it's a good place to consider for any meet-up!!

How about Sunday May 30th as a possible date?

-Wick

Hi,

First I'd like to say WELCOME to the new NSX owners and congratulate them on their impeccable taste in cars! There is NOTHING that is engineered like it or drives like it! It's the only car that I've owned that I love more now than the day I brought it home.

Second, you folks are in the right place. This forum has been an invaulable resource to me since I bought my car a year and a half ago! It's saved me tons of time and money and I've met some great people!
I'd also be very interested in meeting up and I'm pretty flexible about the where and when although I also think we'll get the best turnout if we avoid holiday weekends as was previously mentioned.

Just let me know the details and I'll do my best to make it.

Take care and good luck with all of your cars!

-Randy
1991 Formula Red, 151k miles and still going strong!

From a post in the Lotus forum, there's another Cars and Coffee scheduled in May at the Trade Center in Woburn.

Cars and Coffee 3 Boston May 17th, 9:30am

Re: an NSX get together on May 30th, I have previous plans. Sunday May 31st is open.

Last edited:
From a post in the Lotus forum, there's another Cars and Coffe scheduled in May at the Trade Center in Woburn.

Cars and Coffee 3 Boston May 17th, 9:30am

Re: an NSX get together on May 30th, I have previous plans. Sunday May 31st is open.

Oops, I meant Sunday, May 31st (not Sunday, May 30th). Does the Kimball's location in Westford I suggested work for most everyone?

-Wick

I'll do my best but I may be up north...

What time at Kimballs?
They have some mighty fine ice cream there! :-)

Am I organizing this again? As much as I like kimballs ice cream I'd rather meet at f1outdoors.com, and also get a few laps in on the karts with fellow NSX owners. I just think it's more fun. It's great to meet everyone and talk, but I think it gets boring if there is nothing else to do. It's $28 for 15 minutes of kart racing. It's up to you guys but either F1boston or F1 outdoors seems better to me.

I like the f1outdoors.com idea, but don't plan around me since I might not be able to attend.

I like the f1outdoors.com idea, but don't plan around me since I might not be able to attend.

You don't even know when it is! Are you worried I will school you around the track?

Back