Marga Hills

I have fallen in love with the Marga Hills kit when I first laid eyes on it. However I am not in love with the price and the shipping from the birth country of Japan. But I am sure some (or few) of you guys have the kit on your car. If so do you have pics you can send to me or perhaps post on this site. I would like to see the kit from all angles. Personally I think the Marga Hills or Phase 2 Kits look the best out of the other available kits. What do you guys think?

There is one guy here in bay area have that kit on his car. A fiber glass ones. The finish is shitty and the fitments are not perfect as well. However, the rears seem to be pretty good. Only the fronts are not that good. Doesn't even close to wingswest in quality.

JMHO

The fitment might be slightly different for the Japanese cars and the cars here. Also there is a slight difference in the body for u.s. spec cars depending on the years and model. I do know that the body is slightly different for the 91-94 models vs the 2000 models. This being said, the kits in Japan don;t fit the Japanese cars perfectly either, sometimes they have to shave off some edges.

David: My car is at the body shop right now.
I'm doing the Marga-Hills body kit.
Finish is 100%, Fit 85% but after spending the whole day playing with it,We got it right
I mean 100%

I'm doing:
Marga Hills Front Bumper
Marga Hills Front Wide Fenders
Marga Hills Side Skirts
Taitec 2000 Rear Fenders
Wings West Rear Spats
Comptech Aggressor Rear Wing
RM Racing Hood

The Quality,Fit and Finish of the Taitec
Rear Fenders is 500% soooo good.
It is unbeliable.

Stay Tuned, Pics are coming next week

Regards
Enrique Thompson
Crazy4Cars Racing
Panama City,Panama
Central America

David - If you see a good photo of the kit installed, you can easily see that you would have to cut decent sized notches in the stock nose where the MH fixed-position headlights extend out further than OEM. I can scan one later this week if you don't have a good pic to examine - let me know.

Enrique - I am looking forward to seeing your car. MB e-mailed me briefly about his trip down there and it sounds very interesting!! Are there other NSXs in Panama?

[This message has been edited by Lud (edited 31 January 2001).]

Lud, I was under the impression after visiting the marga hills portion of the link below that the Marga Hills kit has a front bumper that is already modified for the fixed position headlights.

Enrique, Is this the supplier that you purchased yours from? And, are you installing the fixed headlight kit?

Blades, I agree w/ you the Marga Hills kit is over the top. I especially like the side skirts and fixed headlights!!!
http://www.takakaira.com/aerokits/aerokitindex.php3?sideon=sidemenu.php3?cat=2

Originally posted by Craig:
Lud, I was under the impression after visiting the marga hills portion of the link below that the Marga Hills kit has a front bumper that is already modified for the fixed position headlights.

They do have a replacement nose to go with the kit. But I believe David is already running the Comptech body kit which replaces the entire nose of the with a one-piece unit. If that's not correct then maybe the MH nose would be a good option for him.

Re: running w/o the headlight covers... Yikes, that sounds ugly and aerodynamically messy! :-(

Does anyone know for sure (no speculation please) if the Marga Hills lights will fit a stock NSX?

Yes I have personally experienced installing part of this kit and have been somewhat fortunate to install many other quality Japanese kits, as well as the imitations. Although not the entire kit, I am confident that I have seen and done enough to say it is a beautiful package…I can easily attest to what Enrique says and am looking forward to seeing his results. I have many more pictures of pre-fitting and modifying the Phase rear section but I'm clueless on how to post pictures. Here is an old link with the NSX finished. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-cgi/ebayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=477807976&r=0&t=0
I think the real issue is finding the right people to put it all together. Remember merely slapping on a body kit to one of the worlds most beautifully designed and expertly engineered car ever produced and finish with results as equal is no easy task. The installation is what will make or break this kit. The NSX is assembled by hand and original body parts are aligned and installed using shims/spacers. I have been told that the width of each NSX can vary up to ¾ inch. Installing body parts on an NSX is one thing but to constantly repeat this process until the perfect fit is artfully attained takes a good eye, patience, desire…, not just 20 years of autobody repair or a license. Beware of the "certified body repair shop installer" with no common sense. I have seen many poor installs wrongfully blamed upon the parts themselves. The problems that arise are only inherent with fiberglass; fitment,pinholes,chips/cracks,waves,…an expert can and should expect and correct these flaws. Fiberglass Body parts must be pre-fitted and stress relieved, all slight imperfections must be given full attention just as the NSX itself is based upon. Besides looks, comfort is also one of the NSX's strong characteristics, keeping this in mind; Adding fiberglass pieces also creates or enhances road noise tremendously, how it's mounted is crucial. Spraying sound deadener on the backside is a must, it's inexpensive and can be done yourself. To me there is nothing bad about the Phase kit at all and the price in perspective is very reasonable. I'm sure Enrique's NSX will literally bring onlookers to their knees as he rolls by. Oh what a feeling!

RIGHT NOW, I DECIDED NOT TO DO THE HEADLIGHT KIT BECUASE THE CUT OUT ON THE MARGA-HILLS BUMPER WHERE THE LEXAN COVERS SEATS WAS NOT CUT TO MY EXPECTATIONS. THEREFORE, I MODIFIED THE BUMPER TO TAKE THE STOCK HEADLIGHTS, AND THEN WHEN I HAVE MORE TIME, I WILL BE DOING THE HEADLIGHT KIT INSTALLATION. IN OTHER WORDS, THE ONLY MOD THAT I'M GOING TO BE DOING IS HAVING THE FIBERGLASS GUY, DO A TEMPLATE ON THE BUMPER AND THEN PUSH THE COVERS OVER THE SAMPLE TO GET THE CORRECT FIT OF THE COVERS OVER THE BUMPER, THAT'S THE REASON THAT I DECIDED NOT TO DO THE HEADLIGHT KIT RIGHT NOW. I WANT THE GUY TO SPEND AS MUCH TIME WITH IT TO GET IT RIGHT. ANYHOW, YOU GUYS WILL BE VERY SUPRISED WHEN YOU SEE THE PICS THAT ARE COMING SOON

ENRIQUE THOMPSON
CRAZY4CARS RACING
PANAMA CITY,PANAMA
CENTRAL AMERICA

Are you saying that you, yourself, have installed the Marga Hills lights and they will fit the stock light positions? With the
covers?
No, I've just installed the Phase rear section.Enrique can probably give you a better answer in regards to the lights.I am under the assumption that they are still the stock lights, in the same location but with Phase's pre-formed headlight covers on the backside.(not the clear covers,the painted ones) The light assembly appears to be raised up half way in a fixed position.If you look closely, the headlight lens is pretty even with the line that seperates front bumper and leading edge of hood.It doesn't appear to stick out any further than stock,though I can't say for sure.Since the headlamp assembly is not fully raised, it's easy to see why the cut outs on the front bumper are necessary.Is there a chalkboard around here???As Lud has pointed out you will need to cut out sections on stock or your Comptech front bumper not only to fit clear covers but not to obstruct the beam of light.Try to picture your headlight assembly only raising half way.Can someone tell me if I'm making any sense here? Please forgive my misc. babbling.It would probably be best if someone just show me how to post pictures.

Back