Many, many thanks

A couple of additions below:

After 20 years of looking at these vehicles in the showroom , wanting one, owning Legends, TL's and and an RL, after a conversation with the good Lord, and the support of my daughter first, then my wife, thanks to Joe Titlow of This Old House fame, in MA, I am now the proud owner of a 96 Formula Red w/tan interior Targa.

There are a lot of people that need to be thanked along the way to this purchase and I must acknowledge them publicly as the folks from this site are unbelievable.

To my son-in-law, who ignited the blacksmith fire with oxygen 2 years ago, when he bought a 98T and my daughter, his wife for her blazing support, toTim Bromley Atlanta, former owner of a 91 Silver/black for his advice while I considered buying his car. His guidance on the phone and by email several times was super!

Just had to add 2 more people to the list that without whose help, I would be much less informed. From the dealer I've done business with for 24 years Dave Mungenast St. Louis Acura, Steve Moss, certified NSX mechanic, who has put up with my questions and me standing alongside asking them as he worked on my all of my Acuras and now my NSX. He has always been a resource on what to do and what might work.

And also to John Vassos, Service Manager at Brookfield Acura, WI and NSX expert who, with "absolutely no skin in the game", has come up with novel solutions, recommendations and advice that no one else has thought of. What a neat guy and fantastic contributor to my knowledge base, even now. Thanks John

To Nabil Armaly of First Class Automotive in Orlando, for his selfless time, information and flat out trust, during an early prepurchase inspection (at a most reasonable cost) of a vehicle I didn't buy, saving me the flight to FL and the money to do so.

To Barney Demonbreum, Ashland Motorsports TN, for his time and guidance, despite not getting anything for either. I owe you Barn Man. To Don Dozier, St. Charles MO for his advice.

Lastly and importantly to Mitch Smith of Mechanics Direct in Lowell MA, for his hospitality, advice, trust, and expertise, preparing my new car for the trip to St.Louis, acquiring and installing all of the upgrade and safety recommendations, storing the car in the interim and in general, making this purchase of a lifetime's trip home, flawless.

Thanks to the founder of this site and the supporters which we will now be, for making such a fantastic resource available for the continuation of the sport of driving and caring for, this outstanding vehicle.
Warmest regards,
Don Kusterer St. Louis

Last edited:
..and a warm welcome to you! Your introduction is a great read! Much luck with your new old car. I hope to see you at nsxpo in 2012, 1 mile up!

Welcome Don, and congrats on your purchase. Nice intro, and nice of you to offer the thanks to all of those that were of help to you along the way. LOTS of good folks on PRIME! Pics when you can please! Jay

I was with Joe when he bought this car. I did as much of a look over considering the time restraint. It was owned by a gentleman down here who has a collection of cars that is amazing. I do remember two little things when I drove it, nothing major. It had a slight hesitation that could have been a bad coilpack or fuel filter, and the steering rack made a little too much noise at full lock. Otherwise the car was clean.

Congrats and enjoy.

Welcome and congrats on your purchase! If you haven't already found it, make sure you check out the NSX Wiki (off the red action bar at the top of most pages) for lots of useful NSX-related information. It's a work in progress but lots of good stuff there for new owners.

Thanks for you comments. I know Joe really didn't want to sell it, but I promised him that I'd give it a good home, and when I was ready to sell, he'd have the right of first refusal. Joe's a great guy and this is a really fine machine. My mechanic looked it over after we brought it back, and it's in great shape. Now a little cosmetic work, along with Zanardi mats, which we bought at a bargain, and we'll have a neat little driver once the winter is over. I am hanging on as our weather has been good lately and will probably store it at Thanksgiving.
Appreciate your taking the time to comment.
Warm regards,
Don

I was with Joe when he bought this car. I did as much of a look over considering the time restraint. It was owned by a gentleman down here who has a collection of cars that is amazing. I do remember two little things when I drove it, nothing major. It had a slight hesitation that could have been a bad coilpack or fuel filter, and the steering rack made a little too much noise at full lock. Otherwise the car was clean.

Congrats and enjoy.

Glad to see you post Don, glad I could play a little part in all this and am very glad you got that car. Sounds like a real nice one and the color combo is the only one for red - well I like it anyway. Will be happy to see the pics when you are able to post them as I know the gang will too! You have the car you've waited for - I hope you have many, many happy miles ahead of you. The NSX is just a super car - one that will not dissapoint.

Happy Trails to you! All the best! Congrats and welcome to the NSX ownership!

Back