Manual Transmission Problems

I've been trying to get someone to teach me to drive a stick shift for about a year now, but no-one is willing. I KNOW I can pick it up really quick, but people just keep blowing me off.

Does anyone know of a place that I can go that will give me professional instruction or something? It's gotten to the point that I am willing to pay for it. I want to buy a "new" car that is standard shift, but I won't be able to drive it off the lot.

Any help is GREATLY appreciated.

I'm in Texas, so I can't really help, but this does remind me of....

A few years ago, my little sister was in the market for a new car. She was looking for a purple (don't know the exact color) Civic hatchback (the car of her dreams
smile.gif
) with a manual tranny, because she really wanted to learn how to drive a stickshift.

Anyway, turns out she located the exact car in the exact color she wanted. She hadn't had a chance to learn how to drive a manual, but ended up buying it anyway, trading her old car in. The salesman had to drive the car home for her.

Needless to say, she learned pretty quickly. It only took her a few days and before too long she had no problems parallel parking on the hilly streets in Cincinnati.

------------------
ojaspatel.com/nsx

[This message has been edited by Ojas (edited 07 March 2003).]

Back