Man Builds Full Scale Mercedes F1 From 956,000 Matchsticks

That's pretty cool. I don't fully understand it, but...

I love this quote from the article. "We are at a loss for words as to why a female appears in one of the pictures" :biggrin:

In a sad twist of fate, he accidentally left the head of a matchstick on at the bottom of one of the tires. While moving the car, it ignited itself against a brick outside his house and the whole car burned down. Neither the man or the woman in the picture were injured.

I was going to build one myself but I decided to join prime and add 6k+ posts of worthless content. I could have had a F1 match stick car, (hits head on wall) stupid!

I was going to build one myself but I decided to join prime and add 6k+ posts of worthless content. I could have had a F1 match stick car, (hits head on wall) stupid!

Don't be stupid Steve. You're closer to 7,000 posts than 6,000.:biggrin:

That! is .... Vision, Passion, Drive, and Determination defined*~ ...

...with a lil' touch of goofiness & help from his wifey (the lady in the pic* ;) ..... Awesomeness! ! :tongue:

Last edited:
it's possible such intricate, craftsmanly pastimes are not held in the same disdain by women in Germany as they are by ladies closer to home.

Women hold intricate craftsmanship in disdain? Really? Really?:confused:

I guess I need to hide my violins, ship's models, clocks, carvings, and matchstick love dolls (just kidding) next time I manage to lure a femme into the house.:biggrin:

that's like the guy who built a YACHT in his own backyard... someone posted it a few months back here on prime.

That's pretty cool. I don't fully understand it, but...

I love this quote from the article. "We are at a loss for words as to why a female appears in one of the pictures" :biggrin:

I think she's just glad to get the thing out of her kitchen.

In a sad twist of fate, he accidentally left the head of a matchstick on at the bottom of one of the tires. While moving the car, it ignited itself against a brick outside his house and the whole car burned down.<snip>
+10

rap, that's one of the funniest things i've ever read. seriously :)

matchstick-builders conventions, really?

:biggrin:

I bet those get pretty out of control. You know, a few bottles of Grey Goose, some flammable glue and a building full of matches. Maybe they let the females come too for entertainment.

Back