Makeover process

Looking for ideas? Either keeping wheels polished, powder coating black with red stripe on edge maybe even powder coat gold/bronze? or could save up for new set.....Any ideas/suggestions? current setup 18/19 combo

Looking for ideas? Either keeping wheels polished, powder coating black with red stripe on edge maybe even powder coat gold/bronze? or could save up for new set.....Any ideas/suggestions? current setup 18/19 combo

Don't do the red stripe "time attack" style. It's very played out at this point. I say keep fully polished (classic look), or powdercoat all matte black if you keep the wheels. Check my wheel thread from Tokyo Auto Salon. Alot of NICE wheels coming out soon.

Last edited:

Looking great Brent. Reminds me of what I did..bought a heavily modded NSX (widebody, SC'd, Brembo's, susp. etc) and redid EVERYTHING to my taste/quality. I am STILL not done! :eek:

I would ditch the wheels depending on weight. If they are lightweight...keep them but powder coat it black. I personally would not do the red stripe. If they are heavy, sell them and get something else to your taste. Stay w/ the 18/19 combo...any smaller doesn't look right on a widebody...bigger would ruin the handling of the car. Keep us posted!!

Jeff

Yes the time attack thing seems overdone....I have seen black with polished small edge that looked kinda cool. Wheels are custom IForged made for widebody application...they are light enough. I have spent a ton on this car, but was a little bored with the wheels.....thanks for feedback:smile:

Yes the time attack thing seems overdone....I have seen black with polished small edge that looked kinda cool. Wheels are custom IForged made for widebody application...they are light enough. I have spent a ton on this car, but was a little bored with the wheels.....thanks for feedback:smile:

If you are "a little bored with the wheels", I would certainly look for something else since it plays such a major part of the look. IMO, you will get more $$ for it the way it is anyway. As you know, you are going down a slippery slope $$ wise. :tongue:

Jeff

If you are "a little bored with the wheels", I would certainly look for something else since it plays such a major part of the look. IMO, you will get more $$ for it the way it is anyway. As you know, you are going down a slippery slope $$ wise. :tongue:

Jeff

Slippery? Hell I fell off the cliff money wise......:wink:

im in the same boat as you:biggrin:

Ever thought of changing up your wheels? Powder coating them maybe?

P.S. I like your car........:cool:

im in the same boat as you:biggrin:

Have you ever had your wheels redone/polished? I was thinking of having them polished out and clearcoated.....:smile:

To be installed this week, been in storage while car was painted. Good thing, the painter scratched and f d up several parts on car during process.:mad:

Here are some latest pics of Brent's NSX - the hood is kinda off but will fix after the headlights installed.

Attachments

• brentred2.jpg
    brentred2.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 677
  • brentred5.jpg
    brentred5.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 579
  • brentred6.jpg
    brentred6.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 522
  • brentred7.jpg
    brentred7.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 510
  • brentred8.jpg
    brentred8.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 595
  • brentred9.jpg
    brentred9.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 502
  • brentred11.jpg
    brentred11.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 631
Wow, looks great Brent. I would swap out the wheels...definitely no chrome/polish. Man, good luck with the driveways though. Hard to tell from pic but overhang doesn't look bad though. My Marga Hills nose was a chore no matter what angle I took on most driveways...too annoying for sure. Keep us posted with pics esp. when you receive the lights.

Jeff

I think the wheels are nice, keep them.
I think it depends on what you're looking for.
The polished look is more bling...
Black powder coating would make the car look more aggressive, JMO..

But erither way, the car is looking great and coming along nicely.

Wow, looks great Brent. I would swap out the wheels...definitely no chrome/polish. Man, good luck with the driveways though. Hard to tell from pic but overhang doesn't look bad though. My Marga Hills nose was a chore no matter what angle I took on most driveways...too annoying for sure. Keep us posted with pics esp. when you receive the lights.

Jeff

Lol..:smile: I have full airride suspension. I can raise it 4 inches....Its not even lowered in the photo.:wink:

Last edited:
CCW's.
Why not just have yours powder coated, they look great.

Lol..:smile: I have full airride suspension. I can raise it 4 inches....Its not even lowered in the photo.:wink:

P.S. Suggestions on wheels?

Attachments

• DSC_0376.jpg
    DSC_0376.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 499
Last edited:
I am really suprised no one noticed the 08 Corvette mirrors, and also the hood is a custom one off from an OEM!! all aluminum.........:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Back