Lowering my NSX. Need some advice.

I got my Bilsteins, I'm currently looking for shops around my area to install them. I attached some pics and I don't really want to drop the car too low, but enough to hide that big GAP. I'm going to do the stock springs and the Bilsteins. What do you think? My tire combo is 18/19.
thanks!

Attachments

• NSX-008-web.jpg
    NSX-008-web.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 300
  • NSX-011-web.jpg
    NSX-011-web.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 298
I would just do the Bilsteins on the lower perch and your car will come down approx. 3/4". For my car that was plenty. Still keeps is totally driveable.
As far as I know, unless you went with a coilover set-up where you can infinitely adjust the height, this is the next best thing as far as lowering it w/o going 1" or more, which for me is to much. Good luck, like the wheels BTW.

Difference is ~ 2cm or as Cairo says, approx 3/4"

Another rough guide is ~ two fingers worth! (depending on how big/small your fingers are!) Looks like it would approximately split your current gap by my estimate

Like everyone else said - Bil's on the lower perch with stock springs would be a good balance between lower stance and driveability.
BTW - Nice reflection of the BMW 745. :biggrin:

Thanks guys for the feedback, I just didn't want to double up on instalation fee with adding Eibach springs later on. But I'd like the car to be a pain to drive because it's so low. So I'll go ahead and install the Bilsteins. I'll post pics.
mickeylex - Yup couldn't get a good angle, cuz my 745 was in the way. Too lazy to back out the NSX. Took the pic when I just got home from work.

I've got the Bilsteins set up with the stock springs on the lowering perch, and I can say that I personally like the balance between looks and practicality. I used to have OEM struts with Eibach's (1.2 inch drop), and the front chin spoiler would scrape way too easily. The H&Rs at a 1.5 inch drop look even better, but would obviously scrape even easier. The lower you go, the better it looks, but I personally wouldn't want to go lower than the Bilsteins with the stock springs on lower perch.

That said, my only disappointment after my conversion, is that the front end looks a little higher than the rear, when looking at the gap above the tires. I wish I would lower it just a hair more. Overall I'm happy though.

talk to jon martin at south bay acura 310-539-3636 and then to darin at west end alignment for corner weighting and balancing......

Back