LOTUS VS NSX IMPRESSIONS

Thinking back ten years to when I first saw the NSX, the wheels were too skinny and plain "plain" ugly. The overall design is not rounded and not sharp, with a Ming The Merciless style rear end. The biggest mistake Honda made was not making it a fastback. While we get a better view of what is behind, for all that's worth, the greenhouse would be cooler if it made you feel like you were sitting deeper inside the car, IMO.

i love both the nsx and the esprit, one of my neighbors has a yellow v8 and it is just gorgeous. I think allen is entitled to tell the differences in the cars it didnt sound like he was bashing the nsx at all. ive owned 911, boxster and a 360 modena and i still have the nsx its just too hard to part with if you know what i mean. now that i have a order in for the Mosler mt 900 i wonder how much i will still drive the nsx.

Originally posted by Ponyboy:
I would maime anyone who painted their Lotus or NSX pink.
smile.gif

Like the one shown here?

nsx-color-collage640.jpg

biggrin.gif

i just made one with a pink roof in photoshop and frankly... it was so hideous looking i exited without saving very quickly.
smile.gif

Rob, do you think you could do the color-swapping with that pic again twice, once with the lime green color that they have in Japan with a black roof, and once with the green roof?

Just trying out "wishful thinking" color combinations.
smile.gif
Would love to see someone more talented with photoshop do what I cannot.

can you find me a good pic of the japan lime green? i'll do my best, but it's much harder to actually try to match a color than it is just to do a color shift of whats already there. basically i dont mind spending a few minutes making these things, but to actually try to color match would take a long time (at least for me) to get decent results. what ill probably need to do is do a shift of color values and try to approximate whatever pic it is you can provide.

I think most folks mistaken the Lotus Esprit for a Lambo Diablo, since they are soooo similar in styling. The NSX, on the other hand, looks *sorta* like the C-5 Vette in the untrained eyes of non-enthusiasts, even though I believe Chevy stole the looks. This is why I believe the NSX gets less attention than the Esprit when they are put side by side.

id have to disagree on the similar in style between the diablo and lotus comment. not at all. after you said that, i went and stared at the both of them. not at all.

The design for the Lambo is from Gandini and the one for the Esprit is from Giugiaro. If I remember correctely Gandini worked at Giugiaro's so some influence is there for sure.

Furthermore they both have the big tail design, very wedged (much more than the NSX one), the front is very similar (kind of "flat").

I agree, they are quite similar IMO.

esprit_neu_4.jpg

PAUL-LAMBORGHINI-DIABLO-500.jpg

hey that yellow one is my car!lol yes from the fron they look similar, only because of the wedge shape though. its from the side that they differ significantly. with the wing in place, looking out the back of the lotus does remind me of driving my old yellow 92 diablo, because the view of the wing looks like the 92 style.

I don't know... having seen many Loti and having had the pleasure of actually seeing a Lotus next to a Diablo (although not in my own garage like Allan!
biggrin.gif
), I really don't think they have a lot in common.

You have to see the cars next to each other. Not to take away from the Lotus, but the Diablo just has a much more outrageous look and is longer, lower and wider. When you do a walk around, you really see it. The Diablo has a totally different "stance", if that makes sense, which makes it look a LOT more exotic.

lets see, i can probably remember them all, but not in order:
1.88 toyota mr2 supercharged
2.91 toyota mr2 turbo
3.86 ferrari 328gts
4.89 corvette greenwood
5.91 corvette zr-1
6.85 ferrari 308 qv
7.88 porsche 928s4
8.93 porsche rs america 714rwhp
9.89 porsche 930 turbo 714rwhp
10.92 acura nsx
11.98 bmw z3
12.87 lamborghini countach
13.92 lamborghini diablo
14.98 lamborghini diablo sv
15.91 acura nsx
16.2000 lotus esprit turbo
had a testarossa, but it dosnt really count since i got rid of it quickly. i think thats it.

Originally posted by ALLAN:
lets see, i can probably remember them all, but not in order:

10.92 acura nsx
15.91 acura nsx

I didn't realize you have owned TWO NSX's allan.. Why not pick up at least a 97+? Maybe it won't feel so SLOW to you
smile.gif

I was looking at some numbers last night and I can understand why your NSX feels slow next to the SV. 0-100 in the NSX is about 12 seconds and the SV is like 8!! The lotus is 10.3. It should feel slow too.

back in florida, a friend of mine and i were trying to time the diablo to 100 with the nos on going from a 5mph roll.we kept getting 5.5 to about 6 seconds for the sprint. the reason i dont buy a 97+ nsx is that i really use the nsx as a daily driver, and when you go 97 up the cost factor on the nsx is too high and there are other cars out there that id rather buy and just have an older nsx.the lotus is slow compared to the sv, but it wont take much to get the lotus drasticly up in power. im hoping for 500-550hp , that in a 3000pd car will be fast enough!

Has the New Lotus lotus modification process begun yet ? By the way im sure you sold the side steps by now but im wondering if you are able to get your hands on just the rear spats...... Thanks Bailey

Back