• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Lotus Evora Facelift Already

I saw the Evora at the Portland auto show last wekend and thought it was gorgeous.

The back seats were a mystery to me. Is Lotus trying to capture the midget/amputee/contortionist market? :biggrin:

Matt

That's a beauty. I really like the minimalist dash layout. Looks really nice.

http://www.autoblog.com/2011/02/04/report-lotus-rushing-to-get-massively-facelifted-evora-out-the/

"move is an attempt to jolt the Evora's sales, which are said to be lackluster."

Personally, I think the car looks pretty nice. I am thinking it has a lot more to do with the fact the it has a Camry Motor with as much HP as my Lexus ES350.

I completely agree with everything you said. Nothing wrong with the way Lotus looks. It's just that having a boring Camry engine won't cut it as an emotional car. They need to wake up and do something about that rather than the looks which had nothing wrong with them. Fixing the looks won't fix the problem.

They're just bringing it inline with the styling of their new offerings, without a face-lift it would have likely been discontinued.

The evora is a nice car, and this is good news. The car has potential, and the Toyota 2GR-FE (camry) engine itself is capable of solid performance with forced induction; Jimco uses a turbocharged 2GR-FE in their sandrail, which makes 800bhp.

I always thought the Evora needed to look more aggressive in the front. I didn't like the happy front it had either. .

The facelift picture, on the other hand, they have looks a little too aggressive to me. . I don't think it has the performance to back up those looks. :biggrin:
Lotus-Concepts-32111158151031600x1060.jpg

http://www.autoblog.com/2011/02/04/report-lotus-rushing-to-get-massively-facelifted-evora-out-the/

"move is an attempt to jolt the Evora's sales, which are said to be lackluster."

Personally, I think the car looks pretty nice. I am thinking it has a lot more to do with the fact the it has a Camry Motor with as much HP as my Lexus ES350.

Thanks for the update. I am actually working with 2 dealerships to purchase a 2010 Evora. I need to reconsider if they're having a facelift.

........It's just that having a boring Camry engine won't cut it as an emotional car. They need to wake up and do something about that rather than the looks which had nothing wrong with them. Fixing the looks won't fix the problem.

I have driven an Evora. It felt as fast, and it is as faster(if not faster) than my '05 NSX. Our Honda V6 isn't anymore exciting than the Toyota V6. To me, it feels like an NSX with a Lotus badge, but I do like the up-to-date interior Evora offers. The rear did feel more stable than my NSX. It's probably due to the wider tires more than anything else, however I do prefer my NSX in that matter. Maybe I am just more use to it. There is nothing wrong with that Toyota V6; it provides enough power and fun. Furthermore, it felt very much like an NSX would. Like Top Gear say, it's not how it drives; it's how you drive it.

Last edited:
I also found a comparison on Fastestlaps.

Here is the link:
http://www.fastestlaps.com/comparisons/honda_nsx-r-vs-lotus_evora.html

Here is the text version:
Track NSX-R Evora
Top Gear Track 1:31.60 vw 1:25.70
Hockenheim Short 1:14.60 1:14.30
Specs
Max speed 280 kph 261 kph
0 - 100 kph 4.9 s 5.3 s
0 - 100 mph 11.2 s 12.1 s
0 - 200 kph 18.2 s 20.6 s
1/4 mile 12.7 s 13.4 s
1/8 mile (est) 8.8 s @ 88 mph 9.1 s @ 86 mph
Power/weight ratio 217 bhp/tonne 198 bhp/tonne
Summary
Discipline NSX-R Evora
Track Performance 0 points 31 points
Straight line speed 218 points 202 points
Total 218 233

The verdict
Lotus Evora is noticeably faster.

The verdict
Lotus Evora is noticeably faster.

Fastlaps needs to update it's site. .

I think this should read: The verdict Honda NSX-R is noticeably faster.

The only spec that the Evora is "noticably faster" is on the Top Gear Test Track, everything else the NSX-R basically wins.

The reason for that is that the NSX-R ran the lap in "Very Wet" conditions vs the Evora's Dry. :rolleyes:

Evo did the comparison of the 2010 Evora against the standard 1992 NSX

http://www.goodcarbadcar.net/2010/06/honda-acura-nsx-lotus-evora-v6-mid.html

Evora beat the 1992 NSX in a mini track race by 3 seconds (1:27 vs 1:30). .. not quite sure if that is "noticably faster" or not. . :tongue:

I wouldn't read it that way; I didn't read it that way, perhaps.

In each and every comparison test of Evora, it was behind other competitors in track time. Every comparison mentioned how Evora is faster and better at hairpins and corners, but is slower up to 10 miles per hour when it comes to open straights. Every comparison test shows that Evora suffers weak acceleration and slower top speed. So, why wouldn't Evora feel "noticeably faster" when it is faster in track time, but slower in every stats when compared to a NSX-R? I mean, the NSX-R is faster in every acceleration test, has better 1/4 mile time, and higher top speed. Why is it 3 seconds behind Evora if Evora isn't "noticeably faster?

I don't think the Evora or any of its rivals are better than our NSX, but I, for one accept the fact that the NSX is getting outdated.

I wouldn't read it that way; I didn't read it that way, perhaps.
I don't quite follow. . could you explain?

So, why wouldn't Evora feel "noticeably faster" when it is faster in track time, but slower in every stats when compared to a NSX-R? I mean, the NSX-R is faster in every acceleration test, has better 1/4 mile time, and higher top speed. Why is it 3 seconds behind Evora if Evora isn't "noticeably faster?

You're pulling two different comparisons into the same comparison. Haha. . . that sounds funny. ..

Anyway, the FastestLap comparison was the Evora against the Japanese NSX-R (NA2). The TopGear Track time difference (1:31.60/NSX-R vs 1:25.70/Evora) was because the NSX-R was driving in the rain on a very wet track. The Evora tested on a completely different day with the track completely dry.

The second comparison (Evo Magazine/Goodcarbadcar) was the Evora against a standard USDM NSX (NA1). It's unknown as to whether the USDM NSX was even in it's off the showroom condition (probably not), or if they were running it on 20 yr old struts, worn out bushings, old tires, etc. .(I haven't read the full article to see if they addressed that).

It's my belief that if the Evo article were to compare the Japanese NSX-R against the Evora, it would have been even closer. I would even put money that the NSX-R would win the race.

I don't think the Evora or any of its rivals are better than our NSX, but I, for one accept the fact that the NSX is getting outdated.

I totally agree with you on this. NSX is freakin old!!

Back