• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Lotus Evora and Audi R8

Thanks rob :)

I will say this from all the readings though.

The use of the word "refined" which seems to be cls 65's hot button. I would say its as subjective to one saying "this girl is better in bed than that one" unless you have had both for any length of time other than a few test drives its tough to really say one is better just by comparing them against each other by parts and performance numbers. They both may be the same overall but what one person my consider better another may see as equal. Changes like earlier seats to perforated could be equal to putting a condom on. Everything else may be identical but the feeling you get is completely different.

I have never driven any other year Nsx than 05 so I have zero input other than what others have said. Other than robd I have not heard anyone who had owned both in this thread chime in. Unless cls has owned both and I missed that part.

Last edited:
A 2005 Hyundai Genesis is a hell of a lot more modern than a 2005 NSX

Q: what do being safe on the track, the 2005 Hyundai Genesis, and being good looking all have in common?

A: they are all part of Jim's imagination

:biggrin::biggrin:

Last edited:
Q: what do being safe on the track, the 05 Genesis, and being good looking have in common?

A: they are all part of Jim's imagination

:biggrin::biggrin:

Dave, I'm now sporting a new full face Bell helmet, Hybrid device and Gforce gloves. :p

And as much as we love our beloved NSXs, they are late 80s design and technology. Even the 2005s.

sent from my crappy cell phone.

Last edited:
Like a radio with Nav or one that doesn't have a cassette player? :biggrin:

Like it or not 1991 or 2005 there is very little modern about our cars. A 2005 Hyundai Genesis is a hell of a lot more modern than a 2005 NSX.

I'll say it one more time and then leave the thread back to NSX vs Evora vs R8.... Actually, it's almost pitiful of Honda when you compare the first and last of the model run and how little they did to improve the car in 14 years.

This is how you improve a car over 14 years. :) If you drove these two cars, they would be worlds apart. One you could call "raw" and the other you could call "refined". NSXs, eh.... they are exactly the same with just tweeks here and there.... they are the same cars.

1991 Porsche 911

PPP1622.jpg

1991-Porsche-911-C2-Turbo-Strosek-interior.jpg

2005 Porsche 911

2005_911_gallery_gallery_002_gallery_image_large.jpg

photo.php

Thats a 996 interior, here's the 2005 997 interior.

Attachments

• porsche-911-997-gt3-wallpaper.jpg
    porsche-911-997-gt3-wallpaper.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 133
Thats a 996 interior, here's the 2005 997 interior.

It doesn't matter. If there's a 2005 Hyundai genesis then that's the new 911 interior. You do see his avatar, right? LOL

thanks robs, captain + artista for the insights and many valid points on both ends.

sorry to take this thread off topic lotus! :redface:

Last edited:
It doesn't matter. If there's a 2005 Hyundai genesis then that's the new 911 interior. You do see his avatar, right? LOL

Maybe I caught something from his avatar because the pictures are explained on his post and I missed them all!!! lol...

Thank you all very much for the valuable opinions. Cars are very personal. There is no perfect car because each has its compromise. Wife tried to convince me to get a late model M3, C63, or Nissan GTR to replace all of my sports cars. She is so tired of me having to change oil, smog check, maintain registration, and buy insurance for so many cars. She also make fun of my watch hobby. "cars are like watches. You can only drive one car and wear one watch at a given time".

used R8 (V8) are going around $100,00 and Evora S around $80,000. Interestingly, I found a few Ferrari 360, Lamborghini Gallardo in the same price range and even a few high mileage F430 (20,000 miles) in the $120,000 range. This is an exciting time for car enthusiasts:)

To the OP: I agree with you cars are very personal! My wife is also quite understanding about my hobby/interests but she said the same thing about only driving one at any given moment.

However it sure is fun to be able to pick the keys you want for the day and not be bored with any one car!

I saw your list of "potentials" and think the M3 and GTR are both good replacements but only the GTR is on the same level. I would say the R8 is the most logical replacement but I would definitely look at the v10 model.

Been looking at R8's for quite some time now and driven all their models at some point and can tell you the V10 spyder is nothing like a V8 coupe. Also be sure to get the 6-speed manual as the R-tronic takes away a lot the appeal. I'm willing to bet most r8 owners that sell their cars is because they had an R-tronic.

I know many think R8's will get boring over time but I cannot honestly say I will ever get bored with a v10 R8 in manual. I would be totally lying if I said my NSX is better, it's most certainly not. The NSX may be more rare and unique but the R8 is way more fun.

I personally would jump on a used Lamborghini Gallardo and send it to underground racing if you are looking for speed and performance. After watching some of the videos coming out of that tuner shop, it's hard to not be interested in one.

Back