looking into upgrading

Greetings everyone.

I'm up here in the PacNW, and have been enjoying Acura vehicles for awhile now. I currently own 3 Acura Legends, with one being a very hard to find '94 blk/blk 6 speed.

With a new job (same company, but with a promotion) child support paid in full (to a worthless loathesome woman) and my one child left under my roof being 17, I'm looking into upgrading.

I know on the Legend forums there is a stuck "newbie" thread that is full of info on the cars, and answers to a lot of questions. I did look through this section, but didn't see anything like that, so if there is a newbie thread and someone can link me, I would appreciate it.

My plan of action is to put up my low milage Legend for sale to help with the costs of upgrading, so for right now I'm thinking close to Spring would be a good time to put her up for sale, read through Prime and get educated, and hopefully by that time, the sweeeeeeeeet NSX here I have half an eye on is still available.

thanks for reading.

dave

Last edited:
rare blk/blk is right, I have a 1994 Green on Blk, auto LOL those 6 speeds are hard to find, I insure it while my little brother drives it.lol dont ask how that happend.

but the going rate for a legend in Mint condition is around 4K not much to work with if your tring to buy an NSX. I have seen them on the high side of about 5-6K but they never sell for that much.

a high mile beat up NSX will set you back abour 19-22K. then you have to pump another 2500 for TB/WP valve adjustment.

then depending on the NSX's condition most replace all the coolant hoses
all 23 of them. thats another 800 labor and 200 for parts.

you can save your self 800 if you do it yourself but ask anyone that has done it, they will tell you next time they would pay someone else to do it as its hell getting some of the hoses off with only one finger to work with. LOL

then you have to figure in where are you gonna get Financed for a car thats over 20 years old depending on the year you find.
93% of banks will not do a finance on an older car. few have had luck doing this.

and banks are sharks now due to the economy, they dont wanna give our tax payers back our money after bailing them out go figure.

good luck though on your dream car.

Last edited:
thanks Shawn.

I don't want anyone to think that selling my Legend would bring in a LARGE portion of an NSX purchase. Maybe 1/10 or so.

I did see a Legend coupe with 10k more miles sell for $10k than mine a while back on evilBay. I'm pretty sure everyone here understands that "Something is only worth what someone else will pay for it."

I was reading through some threads a week ago and remember someone saying something about the PSS, or ISS ? I'll have to go back and see if I can find the thread and try and figure out what they were talking about. (repair or replace type thread)

With Lynnwood Acura and Zahntech finding a good NSX guy shouldn't be too much of a problem.

dave

Last edited:
Back