Looking into an nsx tried search but still have answers

hey i'm looking into trading in my s2k for an nsx (natural evolution in the honda world). Since the nsx wont be my daily driver i plan on modifying it greatly, the only thing holding me back from doing it right away is the power (what a surprise). I've driven nsx's before on the road an autox, i haven't on a track, so i know it makes very good use of the power it has but i would like mine to have more. something that complicates the whole situation is i wanna stay NA and not use FI. I'm also well aware of SoS and their stroker kit and spoon and their plans for the nsx in 2010

My questions are;
Has anyone on this forum done a successful engine swap and with what engine?
Has anyone used the toda capacity up kit?
Finally i've tried searching greatly, besides the Mugen RR and Cantrell Concepts Wide Body, are there any other carbon fiber widebody kits for the nsx?

edit* just realized i put still have answers i meant questions, sweet first post on my part

thank you in advance, i am a huge fan of how this forum is ran and the lack of flaming and internet arguing back and forth, I've been lurking for a while.

Last edited:
Not trying to flame because I really don't know your rationale, but I don't know what this big "NA" thing is. Power is power. Even chevy went FI in the ZR1. NA engines have different power bands too. There is some mysterious love for NA with some people that makes no sense to me. My own cousin kept talking about how his CLK55 NA was so great and how FI was like "cheating"... :rolleyes: then he gets an FI E55 AMG and now it's just fine (even if it is slower than my car).

My power curve is exactly the same as when my engine was NA just higher up. It feels exactly the same with more. No lag, no peaks, no dips. The same. So other than having a whine, I would have thought they added two more cylinders or an extra 1.5 liters.

There is a guy here putting an LS7 in. It's no small task, and I am not sure if it is ever worth it unless its just your hobby. You need to extend the wheelbase of the car. Some people think creating a stroker motor is easier, less complicated, less expensive, or more reliable. None of those assumptions is true. It takes Honda or GM many engineers to create a new motor. Forced induction is the easiest aftermarket path.

i agree it is the easiest after market path, and supercharging, which i assume you are based on your sig, is very close to the NA power curve of a bigger engine, and i have no biases against FI.

Its just personal preference for me i happen to love NA sound and experience, though supercharging is almost the same. A natural engine with itbs is what i want in my nsx, not going for all out power just really what i want. i agree supercharging is cheaper/easier/get more bang for the buck, just really a personal preference i want.

i agree it is the easiest after market path, and supercharging, which i assume you are based on your sig, is very close to the NA power curve of a bigger engine,

Well, not all. My twin blade acts like that but any centrifugal supercharger won't have that NA curve at all. I Agree with you on sound which is the only legit reason I ever hear. That whine has grown on me... I wish my other cars had it now... :D

Back