Looking for Single Din alpine?

Sup Danny, mount that above the head unit and the screen will block it out if the screen is flipped out. Mount the flip out unit above the AEM display and you will block out the climate control unit.

You might want to opt for a single din and use the NAV pod. Or get clever like you did when you built your sub box. ;)

As for single DIN flipout units, checkout the following. Eclipse probably has the most advanced single DIN flipout at the moment (HD based NAV built-in).

Alpine
Kenwood
Pioneer (sorry, pioneerelectronics.com is down right now)
Eclipse

Thanks Brad for the response. I did not consider the view obstruction when the screen flips out.

I probably go with an Alpine Cd single Din player that can control my cd changer (Ainet 634). Mount it below the aem display. Use a portable nav like garmin.

The Single Din and aem display should fit correct?

Actually you probably have to delete the ashtray. Because the AEM display is bigger than single din. Single DIN is ~7"x2". The AEM is 3" high which will in all likelihood make you lose the ashtray. FYI, the NSX stereo is just a tad smaller than double DIN.

SexyRed, A few years ago I considered getting the GaugeTech for AEM display also. I contacted Gauge Tech because of fittment concerns, and they told me that the actual display and buttons could be removed from the housing in order to do a custom mount in the console. I don't recall exactly what the demensions would have been without the housing, but it was significantly less. Sorry, but I never got a chance to go further with the project, as things kind of exploded on me. :biggrin:

Back