Looking for information on the suspension set up on these 2 NSXes

Are you the owner of one of these two NSXes? What kind of suspension set up are you running? This is about the ride height I would like to achieve with oem 16/17 wheels.

5880nsx_5-04_1_-med.jpg

5880Picture_046-med.jpg

7985nsx7-27-04-2-med.JPG

Of course either could be dropped on coilovers and have the ride heights dialed in.

If they were springs only on either OEM shocks or some other shock, Bilstein or Koni, I would say the first car the black one, which is lower as it was pointed out, is on H&R springs (1.5" drop) and the red one is on either Eibachs or Dalis, both (1.25" drop).

hth,

Carl

I just dropped my NSX this last weekend and it's pretty much as low as the Black NSX pictured above. I used the Comptech Sport Springs with Bilsteins on the lower perch. I'll post some pictures here soon.

I Grok NSX said:
I just dropped my NSX this last weekend and it's pretty much as low as the Black NSX pictured above. I used the Comptech Sport Springs with Bilsteins on the lower perch. I'll post some pictures here soon.
Thanks, I am looking forward to see the pics, that will definitely help me make the final decision. I will be using Bilstens shocks as well, but running lower or higher perch still undecided. I really want to achieve the ride height of the black nsx shown above.

What is your total net drop?

Here are pics of my NSX after Comptech Sport Springs and Bilsteins on the lower perch:

5562Drop-1.jpg

5562Drop-2.jpg

5562Drop-3.jpg

5562Drop-front.jpg

5562Drop-rear.jpg

Although I only have taken it for a short test drive, the ride feels pretty much the same as stock, of which I am very happy. Should have some new wheels here in a couple of months.

Here are the original and dropped ride heights:

L/F
Original = 25 5/8
After Drop = 24 1/2

R/F
Original = 25 1/2
After Drop = 24 3/8

L/R
Original = 26 3/4
After Drop = 25 1/2

R/R
Original = 26 5/8
After Drop = 25 1/2

I did the work myself and total time was about 8 hours.
Sorry about the dirty car. Won't wash it until the timing belt/water pump/hoses are changed which will be in a month or so. I also plan to do that work and will record my work for those who are interested in a Do-it-yourself project. Parts should be here tomorrow but it's too cold to do it now. Thanks Larry Bastanza for the info on the parts.

Last edited:
I Grok NSX said:
Here are pics of my NSX after Comptech Sport Springs and Bilsteins on the lower perch:
Thanks so much for the pics, looks so nice, job well done. After seeing your pics, I am going to give lower perch a try, I can't wait to have them installed on the car:smile:

Sorry for asking so much. Can you please answer 2 more questions for me? How much ground clearance do you have from the lowest point on the front lip to the ground? Ground clearance from the front jacking points? Thanks again.

nsxsupra said:
Thanks so much for the pics, looks so nice, job well done. After seeing your pics, I am going to give lower perch a try, I can't wait to have them installed on the car:smile:

Sorry for asking so much. Can you please answer 2 more questions for me? How much ground clearance do you have from the lowest point on the front lip to the ground? Ground clearance from the front jacking points? Thanks again.

Will measure tomorrow. But I can tell you now that my jack barely fits under the side lift points, maybe an 1/8" clearence. Before the drop, I could use a 2X4 with the jack to prevent scratching of damage of the lift point. I'll have to come up with something else now.

nsxsupra said:

Are you only using the Bilsteins on the lower perch to lower your car? Or are you using aftermarket springs as well?

If your not using aftermarket springs only the Bilsteins on the lower perch you won't sit that low only .75" lower

clr1024 said:
Are you only using the Bilsteins on the lower perch to lower your car? Or are you using aftermarket springs as well?

If your not using aftermarket springs only the Bilsteins on the lower perch you won't sit that low only .75" lower
clr1024,
I am currently using Tein S-Tech springs, it already lowered my NSX by .7" on the front. I am also using 25mm H&R wheel adaptors on the front and rear, it pushed the wheels and tires out a bit and somewhat over exaggerated the wheel gap. I would love to have additional.75" drop, not more or less, as I am also very concerned with scraping. My wants are somewhat contradicting.

I will post pics once of I have the Bilsteins installed next week. Thanks everyone for the feedbacks and info.

I Grok NSX said:
Sorry, my mistake. I thought the message was addressed to me.... :redface:

Not a big deal I thought maybe you knew something I didn't or I was missing something. :smile:

nsxsupra said:
clr1024,
I am currently using Tein S-Tech springs, it already lowered my NSX by .7" on the front. I am also using 25mm H&R wheel adaptors on the front and rear, it pushed the wheels and tires out a bit and somewhat over exaggerated the wheel gap. I would love to have additional.75" drop, not more or less, as I am also very concerned with scraping. My wants are somewhat contradicting.

I will post pics once of I have the Bilsteins installed next week. Thanks everyone for the feedbacks and info.

Before you do the install you may want to consider getting the coilover adapters from Dali, then you could dial in your ride height, they work with Bilsteins only.

http://www.daliracing.com/v666-5/catalog/index_browse_part.cfm?focus=715

Other option is to have CGI custom cut grooves. Anyway you will be close to the black car in ride height at about a 1.45" drop, you will scrape, I do and my car is dropped 1.25" and it is the worst feeling in the world when you do. In any case I guess your other options are to switch springs or do the dali coil over things. Also note that you won't be able to get your camber close to stock, mine are out as well but not unbearable as my drop isn't as low, have 13,000 miles on my rears (michelin pilot sports) but they are close to being done.

Back