Looking for info on Carmel, IN...

Hello again -

I spent the day in Carmel on Friday. After the meeting with the company, they had their relocation person show me a bunch of real estate in the area. We spent about 3 hours going thru east & west Carmel. I love the walking trails and sidewalks everywhere and the community pools especially. If things work out, I think I would be inclined to build in the new Long Ridge Estates (Pulte) subdivision in west Carmel. It seems to me that the west side is a bit more spread out with a bit more room between houses. We went in maybe 7 or 8 developments (can't remember most of the names). My prospective office would be a few blocks from the Cinergy building on Guilford. With this in mind, are there any developments that you can name that are a must see if you're looking for a place $450K & under? Also, did I miss the boat by not driving thru Zionsville & Noblesville (as one of the locals suggested) ? Thanks again, RJ

rjp said:
Hello again -

I spent the day in Carmel on Friday. After the meeting with the company, they had their relocation person show me a bunch of real estate in the area. We spent about 3 hours going thru east & west Carmel. I love the walking trails and sidewalks everywhere and the community pools especially. If things work out, I think I would be inclined to build in the new Long Ridge Estates (Pulte) subdivision in west Carmel. It seems to me that the west side is a bit more spread out with a bit more room between houses. We went in maybe 7 or 8 developments (can't remember most of the names). My prospective office would be a few blocks from the Cinergy building on Guilford. With this in mind, are there any developments that you can name that are a must see if you're looking for a place $450K & under? Also, did I miss the boat by not driving thru Zionsville & Noblesville (as one of the locals suggested) ? Thanks again, RJ

Im not familar enough with Carmel to get into the neighborhoods, but Zionsville is a VERY nice place too. Id imagine you'll get more for your money there. And Noblesville is most likely the fastest growing city in Indiana now(was Fishers), so plenty on land to grab up :)

If its not too, far like I mention before, there's alot of nice homes in Fishers and around Geist reservior (NE Indy, SE Fishers, W Fortville) for under/around $450k Some neighborhoods around Geist just off the top of my head are Admirals (Point I-III, Bay, etc), Windermere, Masthead (several of those), Feather Cove I-III. Hamilton Proper...ohh much more.

sorry to complicate things, but whatever you choose I imagine you'll be quite happy :)

I have a Pulte home in a neighborhood that is very similar to Long Branch. We have been quite pleased and I think that the location of Long Branch is nice.

The west side of Carmel is a bit more spread out because until 10-15 years ago the smallest allowed lots in the area were 2 acres, so the older existing homes are very spread out.

You might check out the Ponds West (Springmill and 141st) for existing homes.

Zionsville is nice, but when I purchased my home in Carmel, I found you pay about a $10,000 premium for a zionsville address over a Carmel address for some reason.

Noblesville is a bit too far (but you will probably find some good prices given the distance). Also you move from Indy suburban (Carmel, Zionsvilee, Fishers, Geist) to rural county seat environment.

Rjp,

The west side of Carmel (U.S. 31 to West Hamilton County boarder) is mostly not in city limits. There’s a push to change that with a media battle ensuing. Residents saying they aren’t getting anything for the increased taxes. Like any area ever wanted to be annexed. So that could mean changes in taxes shortly after you move in if it’s not already the case.

Most people seem to have a preference between custom and non-custom home builders. Pulti is not custom. Certainly nothing wrong with that. But I think you will find that most pushed together homes will be the non-custom variety. They just squeeze a little more profit out, that’s all.

As for the East side of town, you will find very similar homes and price ranges. You can find what you want on either side with most but not all the more recent construction happening on the West side.

Nancy Irsay was married to Bob Irsay before he died. I agree with you, Jim Irsay is a prick. I had met Nancy, Bob, and Jim many times while I lived in Indy. Didn't now that Nancy was into cars, she definitely is into horses, owns the horse farm. She definitely is a stylish and classy lady.

Tim

Back