Looking for History on my car

Hello fellow NSX'ers.

When I bought my car in 2013 it came with 1 previous maintenence record and nothing more. I have tried searching but not a lot of info came up. One prime post from 2002 with it for sale. I tried emailing the address but havent recieved a response. So I am reaching out to the NSX community to hopefully find out a bit more info on my car. Vin # is JH4NA1153MT001374.

Maybe a board member was a previous owner?

ny help is appreciated.

You can try contacting a local acura dealer and see if they can run the VIN and give you a printout of whatever was done on it. This way at least you will get a list of stuff done at the dealership. Hopefully, most of it was done at the honda/acura dealer so you will have a good idea.

During my hunt, I called quite a few dealerships seeking histories. I was pretty surprised that most of them deleted their history after about five or six years. I've yet to hear one that did not do that. :( I hope you have better luck than I did!

Last edited:
do a carfax then you have some info, then start collecting invoices that you have done your self and Bang... you have some history on the car.

You can try contacting a local acura dealer and see if they can run the VIN and give you a printout of whatever was done on it. This way at least you will get a list of stuff done at the dealership. Hopefully, most of it was done at the honda/acura dealer so you will have a good idea.
The only nationwide records any dealer can pull up are for the status of recall campaigns. For any other services/repairs, calling a dealer may work ONLY if you know which dealership serviced the car (and even then, some dealerships purge their service records after a number of years, as noted above, but others don't). If you know what metro area it was owned in - you can usually figure this out from the Carfax - you can try calling all the dealers in that metro area to see what you can find out.

During my hunt, I called quite a few dealerships seeking histories. I was pretty surprised that most of them deleted their history after about five or six years. I've yet to hear one that did not do that. :( I hope you have better luck than I did!

Yeah, I ran in to the same roadblock. My car was a 2 owner car. I was able to track down the original owner and speak to him. He had it serviced by the dealer as it was a leased car. The records traveled with the car when he returned it, but those records never ended up in the possession of the second owner. When I got in touch with the original dealer they were able to confirm verbally that they did all the service on the car, they too had purged their records after 10 years. I've been trying to reach out to Honda to try to get those records with no luck so far. In my mind, the service history belongs to the car and should be accessible to whoever the owner is. They can remove all the personal info on the service sheets, I don't care about that obviously. But really Honda, why not let us know the history of it being serviced by your dealer network? It helps us the owners and the you as a brand. Especially with the NSX.

Last edited:
[TABLE="width: 100%"]
<tbody>[TR="class: evenrow"]
[TD="bgcolor: #E6EDF5"]02/13/2009[/TD]
[TD="class: mileage, bgcolor: #E6EDF5, align: right"]84,224[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #E6EDF5"]Ferman Acura Mazda
Tampa, FL
813-931-6200
fermanacuratampa.com[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #E6EDF5"]Drivability/performance checked[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: oddrow"]
[TD]06/27/2011[/TD]
[TD="class: mileage, align: right"]85,547[/TD]
[TD]Prince Edward Island
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Vernon Bridge, PE[/TD]
[TD]Registration issued or renewed
New owner reported
Registered as commercial vehicle
Vehicle color noted as Black[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: evenrow"]
[TD="bgcolor: #E6EDF5"]07/22/2011[/TD]
[TD="class: mileage, bgcolor: #E6EDF5, align: right"][/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #E6EDF5"]Nova Scotia
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Louisdale, NS[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

There is a pretty major mileage inconsistancy starting in 1999, not sure if you are aware.

[TABLE="width: 100%"]
<tbody style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px;">[TR="class: evenrow"]
[TD="bgcolor: #E6EDF5"]11/09/1998 [/TD]
[TD="class: mileage, bgcolor: #E6EDF5, align: right"]93,043 [/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #E6EDF5"]Nalley Acura
Marietta, GA
770-422-4441
nalleyacura.com[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #E6EDF5"]Vehicle serviced[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]01/25/1999 [/TD]
[TD="class: mileage, align: right"] [/TD]
[TD]Nalley Acura
Marietta, GA
770-422-4441
nalleyacura.com[/TD]
[TD]Pre-delivery inspection completed[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="bgcolor: #E6EDF5"]04/21/1999 [/TD]
[TD="class: mileage, bgcolor: #E6EDF5, align: right"]95,172 [/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #E6EDF5"]Nalley Acura
Marietta, GA
770-422-4441
nalleyacura.com[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #E6EDF5"]A/C and heating system checked[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]04/26/1999 [/TD]
[TD="class: mileage, align: right"]56,653 [/TD]
[TD]Colorado
Inspection Station[/TD]
[TD]Failed emissions inspection

MILEAGE INCONSISTENCY[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: xpertrow, colspan: 4, align: right"][TABLE="class: xpertLarge, width: 100%, align: right"]
<tbody style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px;">[TR]
[TD="width: 62"]
fox_checklist.png
[/TD]
[TD="width: 100%"]
xpert_long_top.gif

• The mileage reported here conflicts with this vehicle's odometer history. Ask a mechanic or the seller to confirm the actual mileage - this entry may just be a clerical error.
[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="bgcolor: #E6EDF5"]04/27/1999 [/TD]
[TD="class: mileage, bgcolor: #E6EDF5, align: right"] [/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #E6EDF5"]Colorado
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Aurora, CO
Title #10W006142[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #E6EDF5"]Title or registration issued[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]05/25/1999 [/TD]
[TD="class: mileage, align: right"]57,770 [/TD]
[TD]Colorado
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Denver, CO
Title #01B141733[/TD]
[TD]Title or registration issued[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="bgcolor: #E6EDF5"]07/20/1999 [/TD]
[TD="class: mileage, bgcolor: #E6EDF5, align: right"]60,135 [/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #E6EDF5"]New York
New York City Area
Inspection Station[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #E6EDF5"]Passed safety inspection
Failed emissions inspection
Passed emissions inspectionView what was inspected
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]09/02/1999 [/TD]
[TD="class: mileage, align: right"] [/TD]
[TD]New York
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Woodside, NY[/TD]
[TD]Title issued or updated[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="bgcolor: #E6EDF5"]06/30/2000 [/TD]
[TD="class: mileage, bgcolor: #E6EDF5, align: right"]62,762 [/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #E6EDF5"]Paragon Acura
Woodside, NY
718-392-8882
paragonacura.com[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #E6EDF5"]Oil and filter changed[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

Last edited:
I've been trying to reach out to Honda to try to get those records with no luck so far. In my mind, the service history belongs to the car and should be accessible to whoever the owner is. They can remove all the personal info on the service sheets, I don't care about that obviously. But really Honda, why not let us know the history of it being serviced by your dealer network?
Other than the status of any recalls, service records are only kept by the servicing dealer, not by American Honda. Since American Honda never had any of the history data, there's no way they can give you information they never had in the first place.

Back