Looking for dealer in OC/LA to service NSX

Which dealer is the best in servicing newer cars that are all stock?

I need someone who has very good experience on engine diagnostics who can work through the problem methodically, and with capable techs who can competently do serious work like replacing valve stems or piston rings. (Has anyone ever seen an Acura dealer replace piston rings on an Acura engine?)

I won't rush them, and I'm looking for a dealer whose management won't rush their technicians either.

Or does everyone take their cars to Autowave?

Wouldn't Autowave be happier to just service the cars they mod, which they can do for the life of the car, rather than service a bone stock car?

As you correctly imply, most dealers don't have a lot of experience and technical expertise with diagnosing and rebuilding engine and transmission internals, rather than simply replacing assemblies and components. There are some dealers who do, but not many. For example, there are nine Acura dealers in the Chicago area, but only one with a lot of experience with diagnosing and rebuilding NSX engine internals (which is why I chose them for my recent engine problem).

On the other hand, if a stock car is under warranty, you might not need such skills (although you would still want a lot of NSX experience for problem diagnosis and resolution).

To answer your question, the one dealer in the Southland that has the most NSX experience, and I bet is most capable of such work, is Cerritos Acura, where Jon Martin is the service manager and I believe has a lot of personal experience with NSX internals. That's where I would take my NSX if it were under warranty and I needed a dealer to work on it, rather than an independent shop. (I realize that Cerritos is technically in Los Angeles County, but it's just over the county line from Orange County.)

myhui said:
Wouldn't Autowave be happier to just service the cars they mod, which they can do for the life of the car, rather than service a bone stock car?
I'm sure Autowave would be happy to service stock cars as well as modded ones.

Incidentally, in addition to Autowave in Huntington Beach, another shop in OC that is frequently recommended for NSX service is Niguel Motors in Laguna Hills.

It's nice to have three competent places close by for servicing an NSX!

Jon Martin at Cerritos Acura is the guy who works on my car. Also he gives tech support to a lot of the performance shops out there. Do a search and you will see he is a very valuable member to this community. Although he does not post on here a lot of people from all over the US know of him. A lot of Socal guys go to him to get their cars worked on.

The other guys have honorable mentions also and we are lucky we a few choices to go to.

You can catch him at Cerritos Acura Mon-Fri 9am-5pm.

562-402-5281

Jon Martin- Service Director, Factory Certified NSX Technician, Designer of the Stroker Motor 3.3L-3.8L, BBSC #2 Guinea Pig, NSX Owner, Spokes person for Corona Beer :biggrin:

ediddynsx said:
Jon Martin at Cerritos Acura is the guy who works on my car. Also he gives tech support to a lot of the performance shops out there. Do a search and you will see he is a very valuable member to this community. Although he does not post on here a lot of people from all over the US know of him. A lot of Socal guys go to him to get their cars worked on.

The other guys have honorable mentions also and we are lucky we a few choices to go to.

You can catch him at Cerritos Acura Mon-Fri 9am-5pm.

562-402-5281

I have had very good experiences with Jon Martin at Cerritos Acura and second this recommendation. I have also had good experiences with Ron and Shane at Autowave and can't imagine why they wouldn't be great candidates to help you out with your car.

You can't lose either way.

You are in luck, we have several really good local shops, you can either flip a coin or picking one base on distance/convenience for any maintainence work. All of them provide top quality service. It is no wonder that they all have their own loyal customers.

Autowave- from oil chance to major modifications, they do everything, nothing is too small.

Cerrito Acura- Jon Martin goes out of his way to help other NSXers getting both warranty and non warranty repairs done.

Dynamicautosport (Mr.Ted on prime)

Niguel Motor

Jason is right, there is several local NSX shops that can help you. We're lucky to have so many. I've had a great relationship with Ramon at Niguel Imports. Gil
nsxsupra said:
You are in luck, we have several really good local shops, you can either flip a coin or picking one base on distance/convenience for any maintainence work. All of them provide top quality service. It is no wonder that they all have their own loyal customers.

Autowave- from oil chance to major modifications, they do everything, nothing is too small.

Cerrito Acura- Jon Martin goes out of his way to help other NSXers getting both warranty and non warranty repairs done.

Dynamicautosport (Mr.Ted on prime)

Niguel Motor

Dynamic Auto in Westminster is my current service center. Ted is a great guy and knows the NSX inside out. I have tried Autowave, good service but can be expensive (more than dealer rate), but no one better when doing FI. Ramon of Niguel Motor is a great alternative if you live in the South OC area.

Cerritos and South Coast Acura are also very good, if you want to pay dealer rate.

Thanks for the replies.

I took the car to Autowave this morning.

Feel free to drop by thier shop to take a look at this 1999 Zanardi I bought off KGP.

It is in pristine cosmetic condition.

Driveline-wise, the first owner KGP bought it off of probably launched it too hard a few too many times. And that's why it's in the shop.

I'm the third owner, and should be the last owner of this beautiful car.

I only got one thing to add to this......I have dealt with many small or independent shops before.......I can say that if anything happens to break the small shops or independent ones will usually not take the blame for the repair or will give you some kind hassle for warrantying the repair......where a place like Cerritos Acura will take responsiblity right away once they determine it is their fault and make the repairs.

myhui said:
Driveline-wise, the first owner KGP bought it off of probably launched it too hard a few too many times. And that's why it's in the shop.
As myhui knows, I'm perplexed at whatever issue seems to have shown up. I think most people on the forum know I'm an honest person, and I listed the car with no issues to speak of. So, something showing up as a concern bothered and confused me. In fact, I immediately offered to send his funds back, as well as have it shipped back to me - but he made a wise decision, IMO.

And if there's ever a fourth, you know where to look first!

Happy Zanardi'ing!:smile:

myhui said:
I know the first owner, and I can assure you that this is not the case. I'm quite sure he never took the car to a dragstrip and would never even use the word "launched".

myhui said:
Thanks for the replies.

I took the car to Autowave this morning.

Feel free to drop by thier shop to take a look at this 1999 Zanardi I bought off KGP.

It is in pristine cosmetic condition.

SCA MEET!!! Bring it by next month.

myhui said:
Which dealer is the best in servicing newer cars that are all stock?

First and foremost, Autowave is an independent Honda & Acura service center. Stock maintenance and repair is their bread and butter. All this aftermarket performance modding came later and is still a secondary business for them. The fact that they do not need to rely on the modding/ tuning aspect of their business is the MAJOR reason I went with them for my build ( I live nearly 300 miles away). What I like most about Autowave is they never over reach and their point of view is always with reliabilty first. Thankfully, they have never lost themselves with the successes they have had with aftermarket tuning.

Best Regards,

Danny

Back