Looking at this 93-Opinions please! JH4NA1159PT000430

Lingenfelter said:
Well,
I appreciate the opinions, but my friend has bought used NSX's before and he assures me he can get a 93 with similar miles for around 26-28K, and I have no reason to doubt him. He has got me many a great deal on my cars.
Thanks again.

If he can, then he's obviously got an "in". Best of luck...hope to see ya back soon.

Lingenfelter said:
Well,
I appreciate the opinions, but my friend has bought used NSX's before and he assures me he can get a 93 with similar miles for around 26-28K, and I have no reason to doubt him. He has got me many a great deal on my cars.
Thanks again.

A 93 NSX with similar miles to 93 nsx mentioned above..for $26-28k....!!
can you tell your friend that i will buy 2 of them for that price...when he gets them....

and please post back..when you get one...

thanks and good luck.....

I want a F360 Spider, and a friend of mine told me he can get me one with real low miles in excellent condition for $50K, so that is what I am going to do......I should have one in about 25 years maybe:eek:

Take it easy on him guys. What is the harm in trying to get a better deal.:wink:

Good Luck Lingenfelter - but I doubt you will find a better deal. If you are passing this one up. Can you post a link to somebody else can jump on the deal.

I'm not sure I understand why (with all the points raised in all the posts on this car) nobody mentions the stock wheels OR more importantly, the LOCATION of the vehicle. Each of those items will cost between $1k and $3k to remedy. Viewing all the members cars at this site clearly tells me that NOBODY wants stock wheels. What about that $2-3k difference?
I paid a little extra for mine just because it was in Houston. Having to go to L.A. for a cleaner better etc would have cost me at least $1,500 and either paying a shipper or taking a risk driving the car home with the possible bug and rock chip damage, and mechanical breakdown possibility too.

I would say the price is $2k high just due to having stock wheels and being in another city.
I have to wonder who keeps a car like this as long without changing the wheels?

Zap

I don't understand why you cannot get the one for 34K. Surely a 2000 twin-turbo vette is worth at least that much???

Personally, mileage doesn't mean a whole lot, so I would be looking for a 94 (if you wanted fixed roof) with 40-60K and pay around the $32-34 level.

MegaZap said:
I'm not sure I understand why (with all the points raised in all the posts on this car) nobody mentions the stock wheels OR more importantly, the LOCATION of the vehicle. Each of those items will cost between $1k and $3k to remedy. Viewing all the members cars at this site clearly tells me that NOBODY wants stock wheels. What about that $2-3k difference?
I paid a little extra for mine just because it was in Houston. Having to go to L.A. for a cleaner better etc would have cost me at least $1,500 and either paying a shipper or taking a risk driving the car home with the possible bug and rock chip damage, and mechanical breakdown possibility too.

I would say the price is $2k high just due to having stock wheels and being in another city.
I have to wonder who keeps a car like this as long without changing the wheels?

Zap

I still have my stock '91 wheels--man i'm a freak

If anyone mentions KBB value to me when I sell my cars I just tell them to call Kelly and buy one from them.:wink:

The money for the car is not the problem. The problem is that I don't want to spend 34K on a 1993 model year car. I am probably just going to keep my car if I don't sell it on Ebay. After driving my Twin Turbo car, everything else I test drive feels like a 4 cylinder! Heck, I drove a 400hp LS2 GTO and it felt like a slug. 500hp will spoil you quick. I love the NSX's though, very good looking and driving cars! I appreciate all of the replies.

That car is only 2 miles from my house and I've seen it in person and its almost perfect. If I hadn't bought mine last year I would have bought it on the spot. The previous owner of that car has a host of exotics . Porsches, Ford GT etc.

MegaZap said:
IViewing all the members cars at this site clearly tells me that NOBODY wants stock wheels.
I must be nobody.

I took the 16"/17" wheels off my 1995 NSX and put 1991 OEM 15"/16" wheels on instead. Sure, the larger wheels looked better--but with real-world roads being as imperfect as they are, I like having more tire sidewall.

Lingenfelter said:
Well,
Thanks again.

my 93 with 75,000 on it was in the $26,000 - $27,000 range... and i'm not even in a 'good' part of the country for NSX sales and I know i got a great deal. Book value on these cars is meanlingless. Anybody that knows what they have will immediately hang up on anybody that mentions the letters 'k - b - b' or 'n-a-d-a'.

If your friend does happen to find you one like that, I'd have to think twice and be scared of a rebuilt wreck; that price is just too low for the car with low milage.

OneRedNSX said:
Book value on these cars is meanlingless. Anybody that knows what they have will immediately hang up on anybody that mentions the letters 'k - b - b' or 'n-a-d-a'.

Good point about the "hang up". Maybe i should try it in the future.

I mean....they see the prices for these cars, when they are shopping for their specific vehicle ..and they see that the market value is thousands above kbb on EVERY car... so why would you quote kbb !!!!

chytaan said:
Good point about the "hang up". Maybe i should try it in the future.

I mean....they see the prices for these cars, when they are shopping for their specific vehicle ..and they see that the market value is thousands above kbb on EVERY car... so why would you quote kbb !!!!

seriously! with so few of these for sale in a given area, the best ones are going to be apparent very quickly to anybody that is looking... when I was buying mine, if I stuttered for even a few hours, the seller could have easily said 'no, i dont feel like playing games with you' and gone on to the next buyer who would have had cash in HIS fist and would have bought MY car. hell, I didn't even haggle the price, i just walked up, inspected the car, drove the car, and told the man i'd be back on monday with a check. Price wasn't even discussed and on monday afternoon, he got a check for exactly his asking price.

Back