Looking at a car today

Hi, I'm gonna be looking at a car today and possibly buying it. It's a 95-T with 55k miles on it, now its gonna need the 60k service and the timing belt hasn't been changed on it...should the price be negotiated down because of this..the car is selling for 39k..thanks for any suggestions..im leaving here in 2 hours to go look at it.

demigod said:
Hi, I'm gonna be looking at a car today and possibly buying it. It's a 95-T with 55k miles on it, now its gonna need the 60k service and the timing belt hasn't been changed on it...should the price be negotiated down because of this..
I would definitely try. According to the pricing guide it's a 'C' condition car given the mileage (I think the average mileage is something like 5k mi/year), and $39k is on the upper end of the price range for a 'C' car. Also, 95-96 are generally a little less desirable than 97+ due to the smaller engine, and possibly even 91-94s due to the heavier weight. If it's a rare color, say purple, that might change the story though. Anyway, good luck with the negotiation. The worst thing that could happen is the owner saying "no" to your offer.

Well I put a deposit on it and if everything goes as planned he's gonna drop it off on monday..weeee. :D I have so much stuff to move this weekend as I am moving.

Food-for-thought...

hmmm, all the bests' on your NSX acquisition...!

For reference: A 1995 NSX-T red/blk, w/ 50k miles, sold for $36.3k (asking: $37.9k, 'buy-now price: $36.9k') in TX just the other day. The 1st person to who saw it ended up getting it. It was in great/excellent condition w/ paint-touchups for "some scratches" on driver's rear quarter-panel & passenger's front quarter-panel ('nearly' impossible to note); no t-b/w-p or 60k mile / 6yr service done; it was 3 owner car at a Caddie dealership. It had OZ 17" F1 wheelz w/ new tires.
:)

Last edited:
1995 NSX

Bought a 95 with under 40K miles (needing timing belt etc.) three months ago for just under $38K. Car is Red/Tan (5 spd, chrome factory wheels, CD player, good tires, 3rd owner), would rate overall vehicle condition as excellent. Paid add'l $1200 to ship from PA to S. CA.

Good luck Demigod!!!! I hope you get it!!! Sounds like a good deal if you can work it out. Let us know when you get it and put some pics up for us.

I am the guy who bought the 95 NSX-T at the Caddy dealership in San Antonio that Osiris references - I actually ended up paying $34,500 for it, and I agreed to do the water pump/belts/60k service myself, which is being done right now. The car is red with a black interior, and the paint touch up is so good that the NSX tech at the Acura dealership couldn't tell. 5 speed, 50k miles, CD changer, new tires and wheels (although I think the OZ wheels are missing the center cap),all other service was up to date. As such, since I'm now a new NSX owner, I look forward to participating on this forum in the future. By the way, I did not buy it thru their auction on Ebay - I went straight to the dealer and worked it with them. Not a ton of action at a Caddy dealership for an NSX, as you can imagine.

Demigod, any updates? I traded my '95 NSX for an '01 at Downey Acura. My old '95 had frame damage and I believe Downey later sold it at an Auction. When I traded it in it had around 49K miles. Just checking to see whether its the same car you are looking at.

RyRy210 said:
Demigod, any updates? I traded my '95 NSX for an '01 at Downey Acura. My old '95 had frame damage and I believe Downey later sold it at an Auction. When I traded it in it had around 49K miles. Just checking to see whether its the same car you are looking at.

argh sorry for not responding sooner, I just moved and didn't get internet til just now. the vin is JH4NA1186ST000470 and its black/black and I bought it :D I'm sooo happy..I've been driving it everywhere hehe. I'll have to get some pics of it to post

demigod said:
argh sorry for not responding sooner, I just moved and didn't get internet til just now. the vin is JH4NA1186ST000470 and its black/black and I bought it :D I'm sooo happy..I've been driving it everywhere hehe. I'll have to get some pics of it to post

Thank god its not my old car! Congrats!

Timing Belt Change...

I changed mine too, $1500 at John Eagle Acura, Houston, TX

Then the starter motor $1000
Then the AC Control Unit & motor $2500

Then new belts and hoses
ABS High Pressure Hose
Set of Tires
+ Labor
------------------------------------
$10,000

on a '95 w/ 30k miles :) The maintenance was worth it as I only paid $40k for the car and I was looking at new M3's and 2 yr old Carrera 2's that ran in the $50k range anyway. Oh ya, Acura won't sell you a Warranty on anything older than a '96, so don't get your hopes up. The Porsche dealer I bought the car from said their warranty plans for used cars don't cover back to '95 either. So get that preventative stuff done up front, or suffer later.

Matt

Hi Matt,

Sounds like a good plan. Remember, most of what you did (everything other than the starter motor and A/C) is routine maintenance, so those costs are to be expected. Now you won't have to do the timing belt, water pump, or belts and hoses for another six years or 90K miles, and you won't have to do the tires for another 2K miles. :eek: (j/k)

However, there's one thing I don't understand:

slashmatt said:
Then new belts and hoses
ABS High Pressure Hose
Set of Tires
+ Labor
------------------------------------
$10,000
These items cost $5000, right? That sounds mighty high to me. The belts and hoses should be under $1K and the tires should be around $1K also. What accounted for the other $3K? All the other charges you detailed sounded reasonable, so I'm sure there's something I'm missing here. :confused:

Back