looking 4 car & driver article

Several years ago car & driver ran an article about the sounds cars make and why. The analysis was pretty thorough, they ran spectrum analyzers on porsches, ferraris and other cars. Does anyone happen to know which issue this article appeared in, or even happen to have it in their collection for scanning & posting online? It was VERY interesting, well worth a read even today.

I have been getting car and driver for about 8 years and don't recall that. It must have been a really long time ago.

I typed "auto exhaust spectrum analyzer" into Yahoo and the sixth link shown was this article which appeared in Road & Track, not Car and Driver. Maybe that's the one you're thinking of?

nsxtasy said:
I typed "auto exhaust spectrum analyzer" into Yahoo and the sixth link shown was this article which appeared in Road & Track, not Car and Driver. Maybe that's the one you're thinking of?

That's the one, thanks! Now to get a reprint...

I got an issue of R&T May 2004 that has a 4 page write up on sound called "Sound Thinking"..

<a href="http://www.roadandtrack.com/article.asp?section_id=20&article_id=1268">click on me for R&T Sound Thinking </a>

Back