Look at this hood!!

Originally posted by john576:
Just curious if that second red Ferrari is a 512?

Nope its a early Testarossa....pre '88 update with the flying side view mirror. 512TRs came in 92 and have 348ts style bumpers..with the F512M in 95 that has F255 style bumpers (and F40 style headlights lights)

I would love to see a scan of that page! NSX-tr
smile.gif

------------------
Resident E38er

-97 NSX "Nina" #183

Originally posted by Smoothaccel:

I love the Body kit on this blue one and rear spoiler is beautifull not too big and "wingy". Does anyone know what kind of spoiler is on the last blue car?

I would assume Marga Hills since the rest of the car has the body kit. Go to
Scienceofspeed.com and ask Chris if you can still get one. I thought they stopped production for the NSX.

Originally posted by andreas:
the japanese company revolution makes testarossa style side view mirrors that mount where they belong - on the triangular section. you can see them in the nsx edition of hyperrev (vol. 32) on page 113.

I called Revolution about those mirrors last year. They had no idea what I was talking about and claim they did not make them.

Originally posted by 8000RPM:
Interesting... reminds me of an F50.

Yeah, my first thoughts too...
we've had a NSX-Porsche posted a while back, an NSX-Tesserora and now an NSX-F50...

we should have a new entry in the Gallery "Hybrid NSX's"
smile.gif

Originally posted by Rubber Chicken:

Maybe it has to do with clearing the front fenders?

When you open the door all the way, the mirror might hit the front fenders, since they're considerably protruding from the rest of the body.

Yes, I can definitely see the benefits of moving those mirrors with the flared out body kit. But I wonder why the mirrors were moved from the window section of the pre-production model to the door on the production models we all know. Style-wise, it seems distracting from the overall "flow" of the car. But I wonder what the functional benefits are by moving the side mirrors to the doors.

View this link to see the RealTime Racing NSX. You can see where the mirrors are placed.
http://www.centralcoastweb.com/nsxb/media/pics/realtime/02-wdc-gtprac2-42-tb.html

Back