Long time lurker finally becomes an owner

I've been browsing this site for god knows how long, hoping that one day I would find a deal I couldn't pass up on an nsx to replace my S2000... At last I finally found exactly what I was looking for within my price range. I just picked up a bone stock 2000 Grand Prix White NSX-T, and I couldn't be happier. I just wanted to introduce myself, and the car before I've done anything to it (I've already picked up some Honda badges and a Shine lip from Science of Speed).

(yes it came with no lip, but the shine lip should be arriving in a week or so):

IMG_8234r.jpg

IMG_8180r.jpg

Congratulations.

Welcome and congratulations :smile: , which do think you of the NSX compared to S2K :tongue: ? I wish you much pleasure with your new jewel! :smile:

That white is soooooooooooooooo hot!

Congrats!!

Excellent photos pls keep up the good postings. You found a beauty there!
Too bad that S2000 has to go. It would be a wonderful stable mate.

Congrats from a fellow Grand Prix White owner, and fellow S2000 owner! :)

Where did you find your new baby? I thought your name looked familiar from s2ki.com when I opened up this post. Enjoy the car, and I hope to see you at a Midwest meet sometime soon.

Congrats!!! Very nice !!!

Welcome and Congrats on your purchase...looks super!:smile:

I remember seeing that car driving around my neighborhood and later seeing it on my way to work in the Automall - sad to see it trading its sunglasses for the brutal cold of the Chicago winter ( at least spring is there now though ), but happy it is no longer waiting for a new owner - it is a nice tidy car -congratulations!!!:cool:

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone.

Welcome and congratulations :smile: , which do think you of the NSX compared to S2K :tongue: ? I wish you much pleasure with your new jewel! :smile:

Are you asking which car I prefer? The nsx has been my dream car for quite some time. It's definitely not as tossable as the s2000, or as easy to daily drive, but its definitely faster and more of an experience to drive. I'm definitely happy with my decision on this.

Excellent photos pls keep up the good postings. You found a beauty there!
Too bad that S2000 has to go. It would be a wonderful stable mate.

I'll definitely keep it up with the pictures and updates on the car... I am sad to see the s2000 go after 6 years of ownership, but its just not a practical daily driver in chicago. I have an IS300 that I'll be keeping for a daily:

IMG_7852r.jpg

Congrats from a fellow Grand Prix White owner, and fellow S2000 owner! :)

Where did you find your new baby? I thought your name looked familiar from s2ki.com when I opened up this post. Enjoy the car, and I hope to see you at a Midwest meet sometime soon.

The car was at a Jaguar dealership in Tucson, AZ. They had it sitting around for 3 months, and were convinced that the fact that it was white was a big problem. I wanted a white one, but I wasn't about to argue with them about hating the fact that it was white. haha. And I'll definitely be out and about at meets.

congrats dude, I remember you posting your s2k on chicagoZ, cant believe you sold it. Great NSX though! I'm also looking to pick up one soon... 2002+

Yeah, that was me, I remember your Z. The s2000 actually isn't sold yet, just up for sale, but it does need to get sold asap. Hopefully I'll be seeing you around at meets once you pick yours up.

I remember seeing that car driving around my neighborhood and later seeing it on my way to work in the Automall - sad to see it trading its sunglasses for the brutal cold of the Chicago winter ( at least spring is there now though ), but happy it is no longer waiting for a new owner - it is a nice tidy car -congratulations!!!:cool:

Haha, I wish I could just keep the car in AZ, the weather here in Chicago is still horrible. But the car won't be taken out of my garage unless the weather is perfect, so don't worry about it getting beaten up by winters here.

Is that supposed to be an insult? Explain it to me.

congrats! And Welcome! We have a very active membership in the Chicago area. Look for the "spring fling" that we will be having in the next couple of months. If you have a significant other don't be afraid to bring them too! It will be a full day event! The car is a blast, but I probably don't have to tell you that! Enjoy.....and come on out and join us!

congrats! And Welcome! We have a very active membership in the Chicago area. Look for the "spring fling" that we will be having in the next couple of months. If you have a significant other don't be afraid to bring them too! It will be a full day event! The car is a blast, but I probably don't have to tell you that! Enjoy.....and come on out and join us!

I will definitely look into it, thanks.

great looking car and congrats on your purchase... Hope you get here a little lower sometime soon you could go 4 wheeling lol

Yeah, I'll be lowering it soon, it's way too high as is... I just need to sell my s2k before I can do any significant mods to this car.

Ill,

Good to see you over here too!!!

My plan was to sell my S2k but I still have it. It does make a nice roomate for the NSX. Props to my S2000 Sebring brother :)

Back