Local Dealer says new NSX starting at 150k

Re: point-of-references...

it would have to be priced at least $20k less than the R8-V8 with equal or better performance and quality, for me to bite.
In 1991 it was 15% more than Porsche Carrera, when there was no R8's. My prediction would be $119,500.
Inflation in 3 years may drive up the price to $125,000.

I'll bet you a steak the car is more than 100k.

Anyway, I'm officially on the list at my local dealer. What's odd is he couldn't say where I was on the list. Should I be worried?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll bet you a steak the car is more than 100k.

Anyway, I'm officially on the list at my local dealer. What's odd is he couldn't say where I was on the list. Should I be worried?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did he cough a couple of times and extend his hand when he told you he didn't know where you were on the list LOL:biggrin:

No offense but they don't have a list to submit at this point as they're going to mark up that first year like nobodys business:wink:

Did he cough a couple of times and extend his hand when he told you he didn't know where you were on the list LOL:biggrin:

No offense but they don't have a list to submit at this point as they're going to mark up that first year like nobodys business:wink:

Actually, almost every dealership I've spoke to does in fact have a list started :biggrin:.

I'm surprised some people want the next nsx to be charged a certain amount just so the previous nsx doesn't drop in value or so the new nsx doesn't become common like a vette.
The nsx will never become as popular as a vette even if the nsx cost $90k. How common is the gtr?

I think it's in everyone's best interest that acura gets the price right and perhaps price the nsx around the gtr price and certainly below the r8. If acura fails with this nsx it will certainly mean no 3rd generation nsx. I would really like to see a 3rd gen and see acura be seen as good as lexus or bmw.

Actually, almost every dealership I've spoke to does in fact have a list started :biggrin:.

LOL Of course they do and will cause a bidding war to ensue! However at this point Acura can't/won't take orders as the car is two years out. Dealer can make a list take deposits and gain interest for two years. Then tell the people who's deposit they have that they will have to pay over sticker after the fact.

Does show how excited people and shows Honda they're doing the right thing to which I'm glad.

I'm surprised some people want the next nsx to be charged a certain amount just so the previous nsx doesn't drop in value or so the new nsx doesn't become common like a vette.
The nsx will never become as popular as a vette even if the nsx cost $90k. How common is the gtr?

I think it's in everyone's best interest that acura gets the price right and perhaps price the nsx around the gtr price and certainly below the r8. If acura fails with this nsx it will certainly mean no 3rd generation nsx. I would really like to see a 3rd gen and see acura be seen as good as lexus or bmw.

Does any nsx owner here want his car to be popular like the vette that you see every day on the road? :rolleyes: I personally don't want my car to be popular like the vette.

I would put my money some where else.

Last edited:
LOL Of course they do and will cause a bidding war to ensue! However at this point Acura can't/won't take orders as the car is two years out. Dealer can make a list take deposits and gain interest for two years. Then tell the people who's deposit they have that they will have to pay over sticker after the fact.

Does show how excited people and shows Honda they're doing the right thing to which I'm glad.

Yes I am aware they can't take orders yet, but lists...yes of course, it's good market research :biggrin:. I am really hoping I like the final product...I gladly threw my name down so that I can at least have the opportunity to buy it, should the production model really tickle my fancy. As far as the markup and bidding war -- my take is, you only live once:smile:. I am hoping to be the first matte black hella flush NSX2.0 out there!!!!!!:tongue:

OK, this thread lured me in. I'm no expert on pricing and simply have an opinion backed by some direct conversation with American Honda Motor Company personnel. I was a VIP at the Detroit Auto Show to witness the rollout of the prototype NSX, compliments of Honda/Acura. So, I had more than an opportunity or two to ask some under-the-table questions to the VP of marketing and members of the national PR team. While direct answers to questions were eschewed, some of the Acura management team implied a low target price point. All one need do is interpret what low means. My $0.02 says way under $150K, at least I hope so.

OK, this thread lured me in. I'm no expert on pricing and simply have an opinion backed by some direct conversation with American Honda Motor Company personnel. I was a VIP at the Detroit Auto Show to witness the rollout of the prototype NSX, compliments of Honda/Acura. So, I had more than an opportunity or two to ask some under-the-table questions to the VP of marketing and members of the national PR team. While direct answers to questions were eschewed, some of the Acura management team implied a low target price point. All one need do is interpret what low means. My $0.02 says way under $150K, at least I hope so.

Since you were the VIP at the show, please share all, I mean all, the info you had got from them to our fellows on the the prime.

Hi all,

If the local dealers are already giving list of deposits for the all new NSX, then it is confirmed that the NSX will DEFINITELY be on production?

Thank you.

Yes I am aware they can't take orders yet, but lists...yes of course, it's good market research :biggrin:. I am really hoping I like the final product...I gladly threw my name down so that I can at least have the opportunity to buy it, should the production model really tickle my fancy. As far as the markup and bidding war -- my take is, you only live once:smile:. I am hoping to be the first matte black hella flush NSX2.0 out there!!!!!!:tongue:

Hey fingers crossed for you man:biggrin: Be awesome if they offer a matte black.

I have this thing about never paying sticker so most of you will have a year jump on me.

LOL "eschewed" you mean that crazy look they gave whenever we asked more than what was in the press/media kit! I started off with the blond Acura model and she was nice till I asked "how much hp". She gave me "the glare". I went as far up the chain as I could. Ito will not answer anything as his english is not that good. Most I could get from the Exec VP was that he had driven the car and was shocked at the power. That and that Vicki was in charge of pallet.

Since you were the VIP at the show, please share all, I mean all, the info you had got from them to our fellows on the the prime.

Waiting on this myself:biggrin:

Hi all,

If the local dealers are already giving list of deposits for the all new NSX, then it is confirmed that the NSX will DEFINITELY be on production?

Thank you.

They will always take your money but only according to C/D is the car officially going into production.

Hey fingers crossed for you man:biggrin: Be awesome if they offer a matte black.

I have this thing about never paying sticker so most of you will have a year jump on me.

LOL, the Matte Black Hella Flush was a joke. Though, murdered out I do think would look pretty good. I hear ya on the never paying sticker deal, usually my rule of thumb as well. But as we all know, there are exceptions to every rule.

LOL, the Matte Black Hella Flush was a joke. Though, murdered out I do think would look pretty good. I hear ya on the never paying sticker deal, usually my rule of thumb as well. But as we all know, there are exceptions to every rule.

LOL Dude I thought that was a paint code:biggrin:

As I've got older patience helps me to stick tp that rule. That and the whole snap ring thing:wink:

People have focused so much on what's the HP that they're ignoring how much tq this car is going to have. Hondas going to need a serious tranny with this vehicle especially "if" it exceeds the stock earth dreams specs. I'll be watching for issues on the RL since it will debut the new top of the line powertrain. Once that's on the road reviews will tell us a bit about what the NSX will drive like sans all the extra weight.

Perry I recall you mentioning something about Acura corporate reigning in the dealers and clamping down on the markups this time around, and that they wanted to keep the prices close to MSRP? For example, my 1991 sold for $120,000 (nearly $200,000 in 2010 dollars!) to a plastic surgeon in St. Louis when it was new. I thought Honda did not want this sort of thing happening again.

Just spoke to local Acura sales manager, he said rather hesitantly that the pricing guidance that they have been given from Acura is that MSRP will be in the 100K+ range, so I pressed him and asked "so are we talking $125K ?", he said "likely more around $100k-110K but we will know better when Acura releases final pricing in a few years"

They are accepting $1500 deposits, two spots in line already filled

Perry I recall you mentioning something about Acura corporate reigning in the dealers and clamping down on the markups this time around, and that they wanted to keep the prices close to MSRP? For example, my 1991 sold for $120,000 (nearly $200,000 in 2010 dollars!) to a plastic surgeon in St. Louis when it was new. I thought Honda did not want this sort of thing happening again.

I don't believe acura can do anything about markups. Nissan was rumored to prevent markups with the gtr and they never did.

So anyone planning to wait until the second year? I'm sure it will be easy to get the nsx at msrp after the first year.

Exactly!

Honda needs to get the NSX business model correct. They have to work on building the groundwork for subsequent versions and getting the economies of scale in place. They better learn their lesson from the first NSX.

If the new NSX has 100-200 less HP than the competition AND costs more, there's going to be a problem once the rabid fanboys run out. And then we'll be right back where we were with the last few years of the NSX V1.0 - A few hundred sales per year.

It's been said here before, one way to do this would be to offer a variety of models at different price/performance points. For me, I'm not looking for ultimate performance. I'm looking for a refined 911 or Z06 alternative not a 911 Turbo or ZR-1. But I do understand that a number of people here want that. Fine, make a limited high performance edition based on the basic car - Just like the 911 Turbo and ZR-1.

Also keep in mind that in 3 years the next iteration of the R8 will be out and the new C7 Vette will be shipping - and its supposed to be pretty nice and much more refined and competitive from a fit/finish perspective.

-Jim

^^^^ car and driver magazine

Thanks Ric!

Sorry counselor wasn't me. I can't recall anything like that. The most I mentioned was a post from Vtec.net. Guy got pricing for the ILX and the NSX. It was a strange number he had for the NSX too. Like $78k and some change. What's funny is that's pretty close to what the last NSX invoice was.

Just spoke to local Acura sales manager, he said rather hesitantly that the pricing guidance that they have been given from Acura is that MSRP will be in the 100K+ range, so I pressed him and asked "so are we talking $125K ?", he said "likely more around $100k-110K but we will know better when Acura releases final pricing in a few years"

They are accepting $1500 deposits, two spots in line already filled

LOL How can that be when the OP dealer confirmed it was starting at $150k! Like I said gentlemen until something is in writing don't trust the dealers. I figured pricing hadn't been released yet. Everyone is just guessing.

I don't believe acura can do anything about markups. Nissan was rumored to prevent markups with the gtr and they never did.

So anyone planning to wait until the second year? I'm sure it will be easy to get the nsx at msrp after the first year.

Agreed. Lexus did the best job with that by limiting the LFA to lease only , but that's a limited production vehicle while I'm betting Honda will want to sell as many as they can. Eh it's doubtful first year sells out I'm sure they'll be a lot of silver cars left at MSRP or invoice ..LOL J/K J/K

I'm willing to hold a friendly wager cars will be available the first year at MSRP after the hype dies. Heck there we're still brand new first year unsold GTR's available two years after it debuted. Let the "rich gotta have it first guys" pay for the dealers kids college tuition I'll be there when the dealer is tired of making loan payments on the ones left over and is willing to go invoice:biggrin:

Exactly!

Honda needs to get the NSX business model correct. They have to work on building the groundwork for subsequent versions and getting the economies of scale in place. They better learn their lesson from the first NSX.

If the new NSX has 100-200 less HP than the competition AND costs more, there's going to be a problem once the rabid fanboys run out. And then we'll be right back where we were with the last few years of the NSX V1.0 - A few hundred sales per year.

It's been said here before, one way to do this would be to offer a variety of models at different price/performance points. For me, I'm not looking for ultimate performance. I'm looking for a refined 911 or Z06 alternative not a 911 Turbo or ZR-1. But I do understand that a number of people here want that. Fine, make a limited high performance edition based on the basic car - Just like the 911 Turbo and ZR-1.

Also keep in mind that in 3 years the next iteration of the R8 will be out and the new C7 Vette will be shipping - and its supposed to be pretty nice and much more refined and competitive from a fit/finish perspective.

-Jim

Let's not forget this will be an American Honda selling strategy so I'm not sure they'll go the old route. I'm open to see how they forge NSX 2.0 tradition.

LOL How can that be when the OP dealer confirmed it was starting at $150k! Like I said gentlemen until something is in writing don't trust the dealers. I figured pricing hadn't been released yet. Everyone is just guessing.

Simply offering a direct quote from an Acura sales manager, draw your own conclusions...

Like most information in the Unicorn section, pure speculation until we see a car on a showroom floor with a sticker on the window. Simple as that.
Otherwise, we are having a good time inflating balloons shaped like unicorns and butterflies with our enthusiatic chatter, lighten up ya'll :rolleyes:

Back