Loan for a early NSX... EVEN POSSIBLE?!

I've been searching almost a week looking for loan company who is willing to loan me the money for a 91 NSX with 130k miles... I CAN"T FIND ANYWHERE who'll except!!!!
frown.gif
I tried JJ best and People first.. they both declind me... Anyone have suggestions on other Loan company that would do Private Party loan for a LOW year car? .. I've searched everywhere
frown.gif
Please give me a tip on doing this.

Originally posted by PiNG1434:
I've been searching almost a week looking for loan company who is willing to loan me the money for a 91 NSX with 130k miles... I CAN"T FIND ANYWHERE who'll except!!!!
frown.gif
I tried JJ best and People first.. they both declind me... Anyone have suggestions on other Loan company that would do Private Party loan for a LOW year car? .. I've searched everywhere
frown.gif
Please give me a tip on doing this.

Don't think it's the mileage or year. I did a '91 w/ 49K through Peoplefirst but was never asked for the mileage.

Take out a home equity line of credit on your home. You'll get the loan and the interest will be tax deductible.

If you don't own a home, then you should probably be saving towards a home before you buy a high-mileage NSX...

and the older the car the higher the rate is .. this is what I've heard.. I'm not sure

It is a real bite. The depreciation / value curves on the NSX are much different from the nominal data they use to determine policy on how old a car they'll finance. Also, just as an aside, it was my experience that the credit union was even LESS accomodating than the banks in this particular regard; the banks being willing to finance an older car than the credit union would - by at least a year.

I'll give you a wild idea which may not work, but did for me once, and if you're desperate it's at least worth a try. When I tried to finance my second NSX I ran into yet another problem: the banks' regulations made it practically impossible to finance an out-of-state car; one titled and being purchased in another state.

I called a good Acura dealer located in the city where the car I was buying was located, and spoke with their finance guy. Although this was a "private party" purchase, I was able to persuade the dealer to provide the financing on it. Technically, on paper, they had to take the car into their inventory to do it; essentially buying the car from the seller at the agreed price, then selling the car to me at that price. They of course had to inspect/certify the car, and all that rot. It all took place within an hour or so at the dealer when I flew back to pick up the car. As I recall the dealer got a couple of hundred for their efforts, which was fair. The financing was provided at an attractive rate through one of the banks they used. They did tell me that officially speaking, they weren't REALLY supposed to do things like that. They were however willing to do it in this case, and it really helped me out. Again it's a long shot, but if you're desperate....

Richard
'93 Blk/Blk

You may want to find out if you have something negative on your credit. I was first turned down for a loan from PeopleFirst, and after review of my credit I found an erroneous late pay on a loan. After having it corrected, I was approved. I was given a check for up to $30K on a '91 at 7%. I also have a loan with JJ Best on a '71 Cutlass with over 100K miles on it.

------------------
'91 Black/Black

Back