Little (or big) things you wish the NSX had that other cars you have owned do.

My 1993 MR2 has delayed interior lights, so that when you shut the door after you get in, the lights stay on a few seconds then fade away.

My MR2 also has a little vent that blows air at your crotch. :biggrin:

It also has illumination around the key when you lift the handle on the drivers side so you can better see the key hole.

djdrock said:
My 1993 MR2 has delayed interior lights, so that when you shut the door after you get in, the lights stay on a few seconds then fade away.

My MR2 also has a little vent that blows air at your crotch. :biggrin:
my NSX has delayed interior lights, but its just the foot well lights?? I would've liked one touch up and down for both of the windows. Steering wheel controls for the radio and memory seats, but I dont have power seats anymore, nor do I have the OEM radio or the OEM steering wheel anyway, so thats a moot point. :cool:

Last edited:
My (1985) MR2 wouldn't let you leave the lights on by accident.
If the car wasn't running, the lights went out when you opened the door.

I'd like more efficient use of space as well. The MR2 had a front
trunk, and it had more passenger legroom than an NSX.

I also wish that the NSX had illuminated light for the cruise control. And if I am not mistaken, there is no illumination on the power window swithes.

My SLK has a feature that turns on the fog lamps for about 30 seconds when you get out of the car after driving with the headlights on. This is great when pulling into a dark driveway or garage.

And every single car I've had in the last 20+ years has had a passenger side visor mirror, many even with little sliding covers and lights, until this one. I can forgive it, but my wife is a tougher critic.

When I put the key in my lexus ign the steering column comes down and to the depth i set it at in memory.....it also adjusts the mirrors,seat,headrest and seatbelt hight...its so cool and Its annoying putting the column up and down everytime I get in and out of the NSX..cant have everything I guess :rolleyes:

Behind The Times

Let's face it.....as sexy the body styling is, the NSX is behind the times. Don't get me wrong, I think the NSX's sheetmetal is the finest on the planet! However, when many production cars have the option (and some even come standard) for Brembo brakes, sheesh, Honda needs a wake-up call. Brake upgrades are so less expensive compared to a major engine configuration (V-6 to V-8 or V-10) change, but let's not get into that. Hmmm, how about something so simple as heated seats for the winter? Or how about auto-window roll down on the passenger door?

I wish my NSX came with a personal ball washer...lol :biggrin:

In all seriousness, I really wish my NSX had the Chirp/Flasher when you lock/unlock the car...I guess I'll do the DIY soon.

Mike

anyone thinks the key hole on doors are kind of an eye sore to the otherwise clean body lines? (OK, another reason the blk. nsx looks nicer.)

At the same line of thought, a mercedes type credit card key thinge will be cool.

Auto-dimming rearview mirror. I once owed a 1987 Trans Am which had this feature and it worked extremely well. In fact, it was the only thing that worked well on that car. :wink:

Russ said:
Auto-dimming rearview mirror. I once owed a 1987 Trans Am which had this feature and it worked extremely well. In fact, it was the only thing that worked well on that car. :wink:

What? You mean your car didn't come with one of these:

attachment.php

It's easy to add. :) See this thread

I wish it had back seats... just kidding! :tongue: Im never the designated driver :wink: All my friends own 4 doors

Seriously, this car is everything Ive ever wanted! I love this car!

New radio, cup holders, motor folding side mirrors, coilovers, more expensive sounding horn, short antenna or no antenna at all. :biggrin:

Wish it had:
1) A better stereo
2) A steering wheel with an airbag that is smaller than a basketball (remember when the airbag in the NSX wheel was considered small?)
3) remote locking/unlocking standard and within the key, not on a damn key fob which just bangs your knee and takes up more space in my pockets
4) heated seats
5) One touch up and down windows for both windows.
6) A real horn
7) HID's (mine is a 1998)
8) storage in the doors. even simple map pockets because the center console (even with the cupholders removed) is a joke and the glove box ain't much better.

Wish it didn't have
1) Power seats. I'm sure I'm in the minority here but I move my seat all the way back each time I get in and out of the car to make it easier and avoid tearing my my side bolsters. It takes about 100X longer to do that with the power seats than it would with simple sliders and since the seats only move in two directions... why increase the weight on such a weight conscious car?
2) A propensity to collect finger prints and scratches from lookey loos who find it acceptable to brush up against and put their hands all over the car when it's parked in a parking lot. I'm the first one to take a neighbor kid for a rid or talk with people until they're sick of me about the car but I've always respected other people's property and am constantly amazed at how others don't.

BTW - I've got Steve's HID's and Hella horns out in the garage to take care of some of my complaints.

I could live without the power windows or powerseats. An adjustable lumbar support would be nice as well as a radio delete option.
Who wants a stereo that does not sound that great that's the size of a home system anyway?

In reality these are minor issues. :biggrin:

Back