• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

"Limited Edition Black" NSX-R Chassis Reinforcement Set

Offered for a limited time for a special price:
satinblacknsxrbarset.jpg

High strength powdercoated finish blends in to the front of the car very nice for that stealth look. Only three sets. These bar sets, like the standard NSX-R reinforcement bars feature our custom bracket that unlike the factory brackets, require NO CUTTING of the factory tie-down bracket cutting down on installation time & complexity. Nice & easy. $276.75 for the complete set of front and front lower bars.

more info:
http://www.scienceofspeed.com/produ...oducts/NSX/Honda/NSX-R_chassis_reinforcement/

Cheers,
-- Chris

Last edited:
Can someone that has purchased and installed a set of these give an opinion on them?
I don't track my car so I am wondering if I would benefit from them.

Gosh, and I just installed the "regular" silver bars in my car yesterday. :frown:

Oh well, I was surprised at how easy it was to install the bars on the car. Both bars go in very easily (once you get the front bumper off the car), and the SOS brackets are definitely the way to go over the OEM.

The thought of taking off the entire front end of the car was discouraging, but it actually wasn't nearly as hard or as time-consuming as I thought it would be. I haven't driven her yet due to bad weather, but I've heard great things and can't wait to see the difference.

Gosh, and I just installed the "regular" silver bars in my car yesterday. :frown:

Oh well, I was surprised at how easy it was to install the bars on the car. Both bars go in very easily (once you get the front bumper off the car), and the SOS brackets are definitely the way to go over the OEM.

The thought of taking off the entire front end of the car was discouraging, but it actually wasn't nearly as hard or as time-consuming as I thought it would be. I haven't driven her yet due to bad weather, but I've heard great things and can't wait to see the difference.

sorry if a little off topic but where can I find instructions for removing the front bumper? I will be putting these bars on soon.

SOS has printed instructions included with the bars, and there is a pretty helpful DIY thread here on Prime if you do a search.

Guys, anyone can take their existing bars to their local plating shop and have them hard coat anodized in their favorite color (about 6 choices usually). I like red anodizing myself.

hi guys --

See below for current availability.

As mentioned, anyone can have a set plated/finished if you don't want to wait. However, the usual minimum lot charge is $80-100, a lot more than the $28 ish we charged for a set (our cost when we run at least 5 sets).

Cheers,
-- Chris

Last edited:
Great to see they are available again. Please put me down for a set. I sent an email to Chris already.

Thanks,

Tytus

are these the Japanese OEM one or is it the SOS version?

I'm not sure what you mean.

The bars are factory parts from Japan. The black coated bars are the same parts powdercoated black. If you're asking about the brackets for the bar in front of the radiator, we include the brackets we make which allow you to retain the front two tie down brackets with out cutting or modification to these brackets.

-- Chris

Back