Light vs. Dark Beer

Light beer or Dark beer?

• Dark (Awesome)

Votes: 28 66.7%
  • Light (not awesome)

Votes: 14 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Newcastle, Black & Tans, Samuel Smith Oatmeal Stout, and since it has beer in it too.. Irish Car Bombs, yum! :wink:

Those other ones mentioned like Coors Light and Rolling Rock taste like panther piss.. :biggrin:

Dark. I used to use Guiness as a staple until I started drinking this: Young's double chocolate stout. Very good beer.
very good beer, indeed!

it's good to drink and is an "interesting" ingredient to making a good beef stew.

murphy's is my 2nd choice.

What about amber beers? My favorite beer is Fat Tire, but since I can't get in here in Florida..well without a lot of expense even though my friend works for the company:mad: I like full sail amber:smile:

I used to like Rolling Rock too.

Our black and tan, is guiness and bass. Heard about the 50/50, but never remember to ask for it.

I can't stand sierra nevada pale.... way too bitter for me. I also can't get past the bitterness of phat tire yet.

It's a great beer too bad it such a pain to get it on the east coast. Although for my 30th birthday last year my girlfriend ordered 4 cases from some place that sells online :biggrin:

A buddy of mine thought Fat Tire was unavailable in his area, but then he found it at Costco. He had to buy the 24oz bottles, but he wasn't really complaining.

I have had similar experiences with another brand- Yuengling Lager

This is a beer I missed most when I left PA. for TX, and am dissappointed I can't get here in IL.

I had a buddy ship me a few cases when I lived in TX, but then I got on to Shiner Bock.

Now I live in IL, and can't get Shiner anymore...

Lately it is Newcastle, a 50/50, Bass, Leinenkugels Summer Shanty, or whatever the house Hef happens to be (hold the fruit)

P

I used to like Rolling Rock too.

Our black and tan, is guiness and bass. Heard about the 50/50, but never remember to ask for it.

I can't stand sierra nevada pale.... way too bitter for me. I also can't get past the bitterness of phat tire yet.

Both Sierra IPA and Fat Tire are hoppy but I don't find either bitter. I find Becks to be a very bitter beer.

I'm not a big beer drinker either though. I just drink what tastes good to me. Currently, I'm stuck on a nice bottle of Pacifico with a wedge of lemon and salted neck.

On my Heffe's, I prefer mine fruitless. Maybe it's just me, but it tastes like I can taste the bitterness of the rind of the lemon or something.

I didn't like Colorado too much, but damn do I miss the Breckenridge Brewery's Heffe in denver! And Phantom Canyon Brewery's heffe in colorado springs.

Im simple, Miller Lite is all I drink. (Beer-wise):biggrin:

kirin goku nama. i'd be lucky if 2 ppl on here knew what that is.

anyone know if you can get hinano anywhere in socal? I had it when i went to tahiti, reminded me of hef. tasted great.

I drink darker beers. I grew up in Croatia / Germany and I've learned to appreciate them.

I love everything from a good Hef (Widmer, Franziskaner) to a stout such as Guinness or Murphy's. I love Smithwicks and the other beer that Guinness makes - Kilkenny! I wish they had that in the states. :(

I worked as a volunteer at the Great American Beer Fest in Denver for the last three years. I got a chance to sample some awesome beers every time and it inspired me to brew my own as well. I'm a fan of Rogue, Dogfish Head, Flying Dog, Fat Tire, 98 Shilling, Pete's Wicked... too many to name. Being from CO, I'm a big fan of microbrews. That state has a million of them and I've never been dissapointed by any.

As far as mainstream beers, I do get an occasional Bud Light or a Coors but I do not really like them too much cause they are like Gatorade. When I'm buying my own beer, it's usually Guinness or Sam Adams. I believe Sam Adams to be best mass produced American beer. When I was in Germany last April, I only drank beers I haven't had before! :)

I can't really do Miller, PBR, Michelob, Nat Ice and such... to tasteless. Heineken is as mellow as I like to go...

Cheers to all ya!

Back