Light beer or Dark beer?

• Dark (Awesome)

Votes: 28 66.7%
  • Light (not awesome)

Votes: 14 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Not a big beer drinker here. I drink Sake with my NSX. :tongue: :biggrin:

I'm a fan of IPA's. Not real dark, but a hell of a lot more dark than that nasty mass-market stuff (i.e. Bud, Miller, etc.).

I LOVE this stuff. But it's a bit expensive.

dfh90ipa1.JPG

This is my "daily driver" beer:

oberon.jpg

Hi

I do not drink at all for a year now after I smashed my head in a accident in april.

It has been going well, but it would be nice with a nice cold lighter shaded beer once in a while that's for sure.

Regards

Dark beer if i'm drinking.

Light beer if I'm eating. :biggrin:

Dos Equis Amber converted me. I was never a dark beer fan.

But sake is rice wine so that isn't technically a vote for light beer...

I award you with a technical foul!

Philip

Could have been worse, at least it wasn't a Flagrant Foul. :tongue: :biggrin:

Not a dark beer fan.

they tend to be little too bitter for my taste.
various sa-ke or "so-joo" of korean variety fit my taste better. :D..
but of course, back to the poll, LIGHT BEER!!!

I drank Coors Light for Years, then I tried Bud Light and now that is what I mostly drink. Widmer Hef is my beer of choice, but I can't find it in a can, so I can't take it camping with me. So If I'm at a restaraunt, at home, or at a bar... it's def Hef, otherwise I'm drinking BL...

hef_top.jpg

I'm a fan of IPA's. Not real dark, but a hell of a lot more dark than that nasty mass-market stuff (i.e. Bud, Miller, etc.).

I LOVE this stuff. But it's a bit expensive.

dfh90ipa1.JPG

This is my "daily driver" beer:

oberon.jpg

Oberon is VERY GOOD- I was at a wedding in Michigan the weekend before last and they had a barrel of it. This was the first wedding I have been to where folks seemed to be opting for beer rather than liquor from the open bar.

Hef's and Shanty's- while not really Dark Beers are WAY better than traditional lights.

For a readily available, and less expensive alternative- I recommend Blue Moon

(for all you Coors lovers, Blue Moon is a Coors Brewing Product)

I am so sorry for your loss. Beer flavored water is no way to live...

Try Newcastle- it isn't really that dark, but it might sit better.

Philip

Newcastle has been my favorite for years. My stomach just has alot of issues and I have to work around it. I still have one or two if I know I am not going to doing ANYTHING the next day.

Coors light is actually pretty darn refreshing, plus I have lost at least 10lbs after I stopped drinking all the heavy stuff.

I like good old basic Guiness, tastes a lil like burnt coffee to me, but I still really like it. However a nice black and tan, guiness & bass is good too. I also like the mexican beer, pacifico fruited out with a lil lemon and salt. But I love a good brewery unfiltered thick heffe.

At restaurants: Hef

At clubs or kicking back: Corona or Heini

At the bar: stout

I like good old basic Guiness, tastes a lil like burnt coffee to me, but I still really like it. However a nice black and tan, guiness & bass is good too. I also like the mexican beer, pacifico fruited out with a lil lemon and salt. But I love a good brewery unfiltered thick heffe.

Black and tans for me all day long

Quick question...down here they make black and tan with guiness and bass. What is the tan part that they use where you're at?

Black and tans for me all day long

Quick question...down here they make black and tan with guiness and bass. What is the tan part that they use where you're at?

Good question- In college we made them with Guiness and Harp- but here in Chicago they call that a 50/50

If you order a "Black and Tan" you get Guiness and Bass (pale)

Stangely enough, I did a search, and the true "All Guiness Black and Tan" (In Ireland) is Guiness and Harp...

Personally, I prefer the Guiness/Harp- which is why I always order the "50/50"

Philip

I like both light and dark, though my favorite style is stout. Specifically, my two favorite stouts are North Coast Old Rasputin (Russian Imperial) and Sierra Nevada Stout. However, I also really like Stone Ruination IPA, Stone Double Bastard, everything else from Stone, and pretty much everything from Sierra Nevada except for the IPA. The DFH 90 Minute that someone posted is very good as well, but not available where I live, so I can only get it when I'm in the east.

Dark. I used to use Guiness as a staple until I started drinking this: Young's double chocolate stout. Very good beer.

Attachments

• youngs_double_chocolate_stout.jpg
    youngs_double_chocolate_stout.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 70
Love Guiness, but anything will do dark or light.

Free Beer tastes the best.:tongue: jk

Ben

Does Specs (if you know what that is) carry this beer that you're pointing out?

Philip

Thanks for the brief tutorial on the 50/50. I'm going to have to try that next time.

Back