life expectancy of oem shocks and lowering optionns

What is the life expectancy of the oem shocks?

also what is the best option for springs to lower the car a moderate amount. I don't want to drastically reduce tire life. Also would the stock shocks need to be replaced as well?

Not sure about life of OEM equipment however if you are considering new shocks and springs consider Bilsteins and Comptech Sport Springs. I have them on my Kaiser 97 and love the performance/\.

Kaiser 97

I also have the comptech sport springs and like them alot. I don't know if the shocks have been replaced on my car and it's at 115k, so I'm about to toss some billsteins on myself. :smile:

scorp965 said:
I just replaced my OEM shocks at 86k with Bilsteins, HUGE differance in feel, the old ones (while they weren't leaking) were definitly worn out, the car just feels so much better over curbs, etc. - I am using Eibach springs on mine.

Curbs? Stop doing that! :biggrin:

Bilstein shocks are superior to OEM no matter what mileage you have on the OEMs :biggrin:

It's just usually not worth it to replace them until you have at least 50K+ miles on the OEMs.

OEM springs are more durable--those should last virtually forever. No need to replace them unless you're trying to modify the performance of the car.

When my 91 had approx 65K and I felt that OEM's were worn. Changed to Bilsteins and the change was justified. No regrets.

Back