Let's talk about the upcoming BMW M5, thoughts on this monster?

the man said he didn't want a pontiac, ya hear? :wink: especially Pontiac is dead in America. This ain't Australia !!

Not sure if you're trying to make a joke but the G8 and GTO are from Australia. I wouldn't drive a Pontiac either besides the two I just mentioned.

thanks guys for the suggestions but I'm not about to get a Pontiac, no thanks no matter how fast they are! My dad was an avid Pontiac guy I was always surprised how much plastic is used in those cars....just my 2 cents.

Anyways IS-F cannot be compared to a G8, c'mon! at least not in terms of quality or build.

I do agree the IS platform cars have horrible rear seat space (even worse than my E46 m3) hence my reason to sell the car even though I loved the motor dearly!

Looking seriously at the E63 AMG and also considering the new M5 when it gets released. If I had my choice I'll pick the GS-F but Lexus hasn't even confirmed if that is a model they will produce yet....Lexus really needs to get with the program considering Mercedes pumps out a new "AMG" every month so it seems! :mad:

Rick, you do realize that the G8 is just a Pontiac model. The car is really a Holden made in Australia. Therefore the fit and finish is more like a European import. The seats are not cheap bonded leather that is found in Japanese cars and BMWs. My NSX leather doesn't even look and feel half as good as the GTO (also made in Australia) for about the same amount of mileage. And the NSX doesn't even have that nice sweat leather smell like the Aussie or European cars.

I won't bank on any Euro cars in terms of build quality. The stories of their "Gremlins" - mostly in the electronics are abound.

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ddx1pSX-ngc?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ddx1pSX-ngc?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

Last edited:
You could buy a used 2008-2009 Pontiac G8 or G8 GXP like I had, wish I had not sold it.Its has a LS3 in it and can be heavily modded pretty cheap. I rode in one with 750hp, guy was a proffesional driver, and scared the hell out of me. Point is you can buy a G8 or GXP in the 18-30k range....just saying:cool:

While that may be true, you could also purchase a used 4 door Honda Civic for less than $3k, then mod the hell out of it. just saying :redface:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/5Z3rQARz4WQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Will this car be the KING by which all other super sedans are judged or will the new E63 AMG retain this crown?

Few cars can compete in this level of performance unless Lexus decides to produce the GS-F in the near future.

Yes I know the Panorama Turbo is MUCH faster but at $150k+ and only seats 4 I find it an unfair comparo to the M5 / E63 crowd.

I've been closely following the new M5 and they say the MSRP has DROPPED to $92k which is amazing for such a level of performance and technology!

What do you guys think?
At least two cars missing from your list to compare with and possibly a third. Missing for sure are the Audi RS6 and the Cadillac CTS-V. Another possible is the Jaguar. I own a pair of the C5 RS6 models and with just a tune they can put out 550lbs/600hp on 8cyls. The C6 version can better that by another 150-200hp depending on the tune. Cadillac can be tuned for mid 650hp also. Not sure where you think BMW is 'King' in this crowd nor where Benz retains the crown. Although quite close in spec, both models have followed the Audi RS6 for the past few years.

Back