Lessons learned JH4NA1260NT00255

The first NSX I purchased (1991) had a completely clean Carfax report. I ended up getting into a minor accident. The body shop removed the front bumper to find that the front end had been in another previous accident and was rewelded (and rewelded very poorly by someone who doesn't do aluminium welding).

Repair costs for the damages I did was around $3-5K. The cost to repair the damages I did, plus the cost to fix the poor job the previous owner did was over $30k. The car was therefore totalled by my insurance company.

Lesson I learned: Carfax only captures accidents that are reported (and I'm sure most body shops don't report anything).

The first NSX I purchased (1991) had a completely clean Carfax report. I ended up getting into a minor accident. The body shop removed the front bumper to find that the front end had been in another previous accident and was rewelded (and rewelded very poorly by someone who doesn't do aluminium welding).

Repair costs for the damages I did was around $3-5K. The cost to repair the damages I did, plus the cost to fix the poor job the previous owner did was over $30k. The car was therefore totalled by my insurance company.

Lesson I learned: Carfax only captures accidents that are reported (and I'm sure most body shops don't report anything).
Exactly how many folks would try to convince the shop not to report to keep resale higher...did'nt we have a primer recently get kinda busted for trying to "cover up" a repair on a car for sale...happens all the time.

Back