legal action or take my lumps?

this march my lawn service serviced my sprinklers on a day it was snowing,that night it got down to 18 degrees.the next day while at work i recieved a call from the water dept. they said they had to go to my home and shut off the water do to a ruptured water pipe to the sprinkler system.for about four hours water rushed out of an one inch main line connected to the backflow valve.my finished downstairs was flooded.i called the owner of the lawn service at his home,he told me he was insured and that it was okay to call a clean-up service and he'd take care of the bill.three months later his manager called me and said its not there responsibility leaving me with a $2800 bill.
today i sent the check off to the clean-up company.should i retain a lawyer to try to get my money back?

On a totally unrelated note... how is the viper? Still like it more than the NSX?

netviper,
the more i drive it the more i like it!took it to dyno day last week and pulled 494.3 h.p. and 569.7 tq.
the car is great as was my nsx.

Originally posted by randall:
...leaving me with a $2800 bill.
today i sent the check off to the clean-up company.should i retain a lawyer to try to get my money back?

Ouch. $2800 is a lot of money to lose considering you called the cleaners only after your gardeners said they would cover the damages.

I would at least explore the possibility of taking this to small claims court. It might be an uphill battle though since its your word against his. Maybe the threat of taking them to court will cause them to cough up part of the damages.

If that doesnt pan out, I would file a scathing complaint with the Better Business Bureau and CC it to your gardeners. It might not solve your problem, but it will leave a paper trail. Who knows, maybe your complaints might give other unhappy customers more ammunition in their cases.

Remember $2800 buys a lot of go fast parts.

Originally posted by randall:
netviper,
the more i drive it the more i like it!took it to dyno day last week and pulled 494.3 h.p. and 569.7 tq.
the car is great as was my nsx.

WOW.. how many mods do you have on that??

netviper,
the only mods i have is k&n's,smooth tubes(connects filter to thottle bodies),2.5 corsa cat-back exhaust.the factory chokes down the motor a little.the v-10 488 ci is underrated at 450 hp.

Back