• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Led tails. What did/do you recommend

IMO, Clearcorners is your best bet, but you'll want to set down before they quote you $$. I've seen them in person and they look far better than most others I've seen. Last time I checked they has a set in stock ready for shipment.

I know you already contacted Alec. That is who will be doing mine and I must say that he has been super helpful and gone over and above to help me design my future tails. His pricing is much better than clearcorners, I can assure you of that....

See what he has to say and you will see for yourself why I am going with him.

Good luck in your decision.

That's why I told him to set before he's quoted, lol. They are good but damn proud of it.
I know you already contacted Alec. That is who will be doing mine and I must say that he has been super helpful and gone over and above to help me design my future tails. His pricing is much better than clearcorners, I can assure you of that....

See what he has to say and you will see for yourself why I am going with him.

Good luck in your decision.

That's why I told him to set before he's quoted, lol. They are good but damn proud of it.

LOL, no doubt. I just double checked their pricing and it blew me away....again! Alec is a good guy and doesn't have all that overhead to pay for.

Good call David!

I love mine, bright light tech kit and installed myself. Was $650 I think. Looks great but he is long gone. It's not a difficult install it just takes time.

I love mine, bright light tech kit and installed myself. Was $650 I think. Looks great but he is long gone. It's not a difficult install it just takes time.

True, but not many of us are as technically proficient and as highly accomplished as you...I mean look at what you have accomplished so far:

1. Prime's number one Post Whore
2. Prime's official Group Buy King
3. Internationally known

Shall I continue? :) haha, just joking with you, Dave.

Seriously though, good idea but the time thing is relative to your skill level I would think. I tend to break more stuff than I fix! lol How much did the tail light housings have to be modified in order to make the kit work? Just curious if there was any shaving, cutting, or anything else.

LOL Yes, international man of mystery.... BABY. :D

I cut and shaved but only because I was trying to create a certain look. There's NONE involved otherwise. Diddy just did it. Diddy... Just diddy the diddy... Haha he sent me texts every 5 minutes for three days but we got it done. He's not the most technical guy either but was brave and tackled it. Came out great. I mean there is always that ebay kit that's 1000. I think that's a decent looking item. AND.... you get a whole new taillight that's plug and play. You get to keep your OEM lights fully OEM. What's the cost of just buying new tail lights? If you consider that, and that these are plug and play, $1000 is actually pretty reasonable.

Titan (Alec) did a great job with the tails he built for me. Pricing compared to other competitors is more reasonable. You could also add the module that aids with keeping the normal flashing pattern.

True, but not many of us are as technically proficient and as highly accomplished as you...I mean look at what you have accomplished so far:

1. Prime's number one Post Whore
2. Prime's official Group Buy King
3. Internationally known

Shall I continue? :) haha, just joking with you, Dave.

Seriously though, good idea but the time thing is relative to your skill level I would think. I tend to break more stuff than I fix! lol How much did the tail light housings have to be modified in order to make the kit work? Just curious if there was any shaving, cutting, or anything else.

as you can see below not that hard at all.

LOL Yes, international man of mystery.... BABY. :D

I cut and shaved but only because I was trying to create a certain look. There's NONE involved otherwise. Diddy just did it. Diddy... Just diddy the diddy... Haha he sent me texts every 5 minutes for three days but we got it done. He's not the most technical guy either but was brave and tackled it. Came out great. I mean there is always that ebay kit that's 1000. I think that's a decent looking item. AND.... you get a whole new taillight that's plug and play. You get to keep your OEM lights fully OEM. What's the cost of just buying new tail lights? If you consider that, and that these are plug and play, $1000 is actually pretty reasonable.

and i want to publicly thank you too lol. i put this project off so long because i was going to get someone to do it for me but it wasn't hard at all. i got my kit from bright light tech but hes no longer around. i have to say this is my most favorite mod yet and ive got a lot of mods on my car. i just did mine about a week ago.

Untitled by diddy1226, on Flickr

<iframe src="//player.vimeo.com/video/92195624" width="500" height="281" frameborder="0" webkitallowfullscreen="" mozallowfullscreen="" allowfullscreen=""></iframe> IMG 2555 from Demetrius Corley on Vimeo.

Last edited:
as you can see below not that hard at all.

and i want to publicly thank you too lol. i put this project off so long because i was going to get someone to do it for me but it wasn't hard at all. i got my kit from bright light tech but hes no longer around. i have to say this is my most favorite mod yet and ive got a lot of mods on my car. i just did mine about a week ago.

<iframe src="//player.vimeo.com/video/92195624" width="500" height="281" frameborder="0" webkitallowfullscreen="" mozallowfullscreen="" allowfullscreen=""></iframe> IMG 2555 from Demetrius Corley on Vimeo.

These look great too. Nice job. I am just not technically literate to work on a project such as the tail light conversion.

I haven't had any luck contacting Alec yet. My guess is he is a busy busy guy. I'm thinking about finding a used OEM tail on eBay and buying the above mentioned kit. Might be a fun project and I could keep the original part off the car.

I haven't had any luck contacting Alec yet. My guess is he is a busy busy guy. I'm thinking about finding a used OEM tail on eBay and buying the above mentioned kit. Might be a fun project and I could keep the original part off the car.

Not sure what you are talking about. The eBay lights are complete. It's a bolt on. There's no "kit". If you are talking about he kit that diddy and I have, it's no longer made.

I haven't had any luck contacting Alec yet. My guess is he is a busy busy guy.

Yeah, he has a baby on the way, so he is very busy. Be patient though, he'll get back to you. Don't worry about that.

Not sure what you are talking about. The eBay lights are complete. It's a bolt on. There's no "kit". If you are talking about he kit that diddy and I have, it's no longer made.
Thanks for the clarification.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, he has a baby on the way, so he is very busy. Be patient though, he'll get back to you. Don't worry about that.
I'm patient. Thanks.

I'm all for supporting a prime member like alec that is working hard on these.

The best part about Clearcorners is the support if a bulb goes bad. They aren't a fly by night operation. Mike stands by his work.

I've seen two LED taillight sets in person; the one available on eBay (big LEDs) and the pricier option from clearcorners.com. Of these two options, the clearcorners.com ones were easily much better looking and preserve the original shape and 'look' of the OEM lights.

The best part about Clearcorners is the support if a bulb goes bad. They aren't a fly by night operation. Mike stands by his work.

True. Some LED set ups that ive seen in the so cal area have wiring issues or LEDs that burn out way too quick. Then it looks like you got a neat game of tetris going on in the rear lol... Mike's prices are justified in the quality and craftsmanship of his work. That is if LED tails is ultimately what you want and you want it done correctly the first time around. Only downside is that they dont add hp, not sure about weight gains or loss either.

I handed him a set of oem jdm tails and this is what he did with it

9412524016_f356d104cf_h.jpg

9412535864_2d4379a5c8_h.jpg

^ 1+++..well said. I had one of their first sets. Customer service and reliability is as expected for what they cost. Most cars with these LEDs are garage queens. I used mine for a daily beater and parked it out in the rain and shine for 8+ hours a day. After 6+ years of daily use, one bulb went out due to a connection getting loose from too much HP coming out of the exhaust. They fixed it right away. No charge. I wouldn't go to anyone else for light work.

Clearcorners doesn't bother to post on Prime anymore due people hating on their prices is my guess. Too bad. They know their shi# and back it up with their service.

Last edited:
Back